Why are some topic moved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I just posted a topic in the general e-cig forum so people could chat about what venders/products got them to really start vaping and not going back to analogs. It was moved to the reviews section, this was not about reviewing products or venders it was about the people posting and how we got to be vapers. It was clear if you read it, but because I mentioned a vender positively it got moved to the wrong sub forum.

I have noticed this happen before. The moderators might want to use better judgment in the future. It's not worth posting if you post are going to get shoved off to the wrong place in the first 30 minutes because the moderator does not understand the topic.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Threads are moved to the appropriate forums as deemed necessary by the moderator that sees it (or because someone reports it), and it would fit better where it's moved than where it was created. That should answer your first question of "Why are some topic moved?".

Perhaps a better solution to the rest of your post, would be to PM the moderator who moved the thread in question to better understand why a move was made rather than making an assumption here. Upon learning the reasoning, then perhaps you could politely make a case why you feel it would fit better in the forum in which it was created, or even a different one, if that be the case. That would probably be more productive. Also, it would be quite helpful with a link to the thread in question instead of a somewhat vague description.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
If you take a couple moments to consider where your post should go before you actually submit it the odds of it being moved are much less. Posts are moved in order to keep some semblance of order on the forum, If everything is posted to general discussion things just become buried and you cant find them, or related threads.

I've often threatened half jokingly to solve this whole complaining about moving threads by moving everything into one forum. then you would certainly not have to worry about having your thread moved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread