Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
i understand where your coming from, but i kinda look at it as your getting more with a carto (material wise) thus making them more expensive to make. From my point of view anyway

While you might be getting more material, cartos are still made of plastic which is far cheaper than metal used to build an atty... I could be way off, but it makes sense to me.

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
The atomizer contains nickel foam (the mesh-like wicking material) a ceramic heatsink (around the coil) and a coiled heating element (I assume it is steel, could be wrong) surrounded with a wick. There are also insulated copper wires in there. It's construction is much more complex than that of a cartomizer, which is a in essence a bunch of wadding wrapped around an uncoiled heating element with a braided wick separating the two. The simple cartomizer does not contain costlier parts like ceramics or foam nickel. I hope this helps.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Yes that does help, thanks. I have another question about carto's can you rip the insides out and leave only the heating coil and direct drip with them?

Yep, you can. Dogsbody, I think, used to have a video how to, but I couldn't find it. If you try it, just be really careful not to remove the wick surrounding the coil. It's needed not only for it's original use but also to keep the coil from touching the metal casing and shorting something out. Usually the wick will show up as a brighter white than the filler. A pair of tweezers works best to separate the two and pull out only the filler material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread