Why aren't there eGo-threaded cartomizers for tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
I mean, I can guess that the reason is that pretty much all eGos can thread 510 attachments and many mods are 510 devices, economies of scale, and all that. And I know about the eGo DCT Mega cartomizers, but AFAIK there are no tanks for these cartos.

Given the popularity of eGo-type batteries and many newer VV/VW mods with built-in eGo threading, though, you would think that in the endless flow of attachments that someone would come up with eGo-threaded cartomizers -- either the 510 diameter cartomizers with eGo bases usable with most existing tanks, or eGo base-and-diameter cartos with tanks sized to fit them.

The benefit I suppose might be kind of thin, but the principal one would be more secure threading for the base alone and more cartomizer filler for one with a larger overall cartomizer. Maybe the finished product with eGo-sized cartos and a tank would be too big for most eGo users.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I think you probably provided the two best reasons why they don't exist.

If it was an "eGo diameter" size carto the corresponding tank required - to even be a point to having a tank - would be huge.

If it was the matter of providing an eGo threaded base for a standard diameter carto, that would significantly increase the cost due to added materials - for a disposable item. Added costs yet no added benefit to the vaping experience.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I think most people use the flared ego threaded beauty rings for the added support needed.
    flared.jpg

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and try to push a Mega carto through a 30ml bottle..........or poly-carb with grommets.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    I think most people use the flared ego threaded beauty rings for the added support needed.

What's ironic is the reason I started pondering this at all is that the beauty ring I have works fine with my generic Smok DCTs but is just a little too big when I use a Smok U-DCT with a locking ring and prevents it from firing on my EVOD battery.

Now I wonder if they could integrate an eGo threaded beauty ring into a tank base...but I suppose they don't do that because it's not going to work with all the 510 only mods...

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    Might not be much help, but , (on your U-DCT) have you tried to lower the post on that carto? There are 2 holes in the threads and you can put a pin in there and scrape the post down, sometimes fairly far, to get your EVOD to fire.

GL....

No, I haven't although I figured that some kind of putzing might solve the issue. My own solution was to consider filing the base of the beauty ring down a little so that it would screw down a little further and create the clearance to get the UDCT assembly to thread far enough to fire. This would also fix it for every cartomizer, not just one that got modified (although it occurs to me that maybe it was the individual carto I was using with it was an issue..)

Overall, though, the locking DCTs don't seem to do that much for me versus the standard DCTs. I don't have a leaking problem with standard DCTs. The additional non-removable lock ring at the top of the tank makes it more cumbersome to fill since the carto has to be pushed down further, limiting how much I can put in a standard tank, even with a syringe. Getting the carto aligned with the locking detents is extra work, too. I'd probably be less annoyed if I was using an XL UDCT that has larger volume since it would need less refilling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread