Why does it take so long for my new M301 to start working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plazm

May 27, 2011
cape town
I have an X-Power 900 and I'm not sure if I'm doing the process of using a new atomizer properly. When I replace an old atty, I'll put the new one on hit the switch once to hear it give a satisfying crackle and then drip 2 drops onto the atomizer.

The draw feels hollow, like their isn't much resistance to it. I get one tiny puff of vapour and after that nothing (not even a hiss/sizzle)

These 2 drops seem to block it straight away, so I have to blow it out. Then I put a drop on a (current, partially full) cartridge, not onto the atty.

When I put the cart into the PV, and take it out again the atomizer is once again blocked and needs to be blown out.

Basically its a cycle of blocking it up with a drop of liquid and blowing it out before I finally feel some resistance and satisfaction to the draw and I start getting some clouds. I encounter this problem every time I use a new atomizer and end up wasting about 5 or 6 drops and 10 - 15 minutes.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a standard issue with new atomizers and breaking them in?

One other issue I seem to have is that occasionally I think the atty is blocked because of its somewhat subdued, struggling hiss. Blowing it out a bit doesn't seem to help but that satisfying sizzle/hiss returns once I put MORE liquid in.

Is less of a hiss a sign that the atty is dry and needs to be wet - am I maybe not putting enough liquid into a new atomizer initially and its appearing to be blocked is actually it just needing more juice?

I tend to get about 10 days out of my atomizers, so if I'm doing something wrong that shortens the life-span I'd be happy to know how to stop doing it. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread