why does liquid leak into my mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

montanateri

Aug 10, 2014
helena MT USA
I use an Twist Evod 1300 or 1100 (I have both) with 1.8 coil. I don't understand why liquid leaks into my mouth periodically.

I love the style of the EVOD, i love the twist, can alter the "impact" as I want... Some will leak into the mouth every 3 drags, and I waste liquid by having to tissue out the excess so it doesn't leak into my mouth, others only do that periodcially.

I quit smoking 16mths ago, love the ecigs, but hate the liquid "blow back?"...

Should i be using a different midsize model? Is EGO any better? These are bottom coil, no visible wick, would a visible wick be better? I've heard they leak too...

I was going to buy a EVOD 1600 to get better battery life between charges, but the occadsional shots of liquid into my mouth is a terrible waste and very annoying...!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Not the battery, but the tank - you can try out different types, to find one that doesn't leak.
It COULD be how you're using it - fill it less, or use a lower resistance maybe...but you CAN use an EVOD or EGO type setup without any leaking/dripping...
Anything with compatible threads will work - maybe try a "Mini Protank" on there - I used to like those a lot...

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
If you're using something like the evod tank, my experience has been the 1.5's don't work all that well on the twist batteries, they battery just won't go low enough for the coil. I've had best success with 1.8 to 2.2. If you have flooding issues, check the wicking on the atomizer, dry burn the coil and replace the wick. If you have an ohm meter, recoiling is easy.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I second the stick with the 1.8 or higher coils. And don't inhale very hard, that can bring in more juice than it can handle.
And thinner juices will wick faster, I usually used 50/50 pg/vg with my old evods.
You could always get yourself a protank with an airflow control base. Same coils as the evod, but with the airflow you can manage how much juice gets sucked in at a time. They come in both the regular sized protank, which holds more juice than the evod. And the mini protank, which is basically just a glass evod.
Regular
Kanger Protank 2 Pro Tank Glassomizer
Kanger Airflow Control Valve - Protank II, Protank 3, Aerotank
Mini
Mini Kanger Protank 2 Mini Pro Tank Glassomizer
Kanger Airflow Control 2.0 - Mini

The price is right on these guys now too lol.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I use an Twist Evod 1300 or 1100 (I have both) with 1.8 coil. I don't understand why liquid leaks into my mouth periodically.

I love the style of the EVOD, i love the twist, can alter the "impact" as I want... Some will leak into the mouth every 3 drags, and I waste liquid by having to tissue out the excess so it doesn't leak into my mouth, others only do that periodcially.

I quit smoking 16mths ago, love the ecigs, but hate the liquid "blow back?"...

Should i be using a different midsize model? Is EGO any better? These are bottom coil, no visible wick, would a visible wick be better? I've heard they leak too...

I was going to buy a EVOD 1600 to get better battery life between charges, but the occadsional shots of liquid into my mouth is a terrible waste and very annoying...!

Are you pulling on it like a cigarette or are you pulling hard. On the evod?

Sounds to me as if you are really putting a vacuum and juice is getting around the coil into the tube.

If not that they may have sold you some clone coils that areca little too short and the juice us getting into the tube above the coil.

Heybilox

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Belle River, ON, CAN
Train, I agree with Two Bears you might have a clone tank. What are the markings on the tank?
I've had clone Kanger tanks that never worked properly.Also make sure you have the white washer seated properly on the stem of the coil. There was a video out where a user would put 2 washers on the stem to fix flooding problems.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Train, I agree with Two Bears you might have a clone tank. What are the markings on the tank?
I've had clone Kanger tanks that never worked properly.Also make sure you have the white washer seated properly on the stem of the coil. There was a video out where a user would put 2 washers on the stem to fix flooding problems.

I started with an EVOD glass. I did run into some clone coils thatvwas about 1/4 of a millimeter too short that let juice get past the silicone gasket on the top of the coil.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If you got an evod tank with your evod battery (yes, it's a bit confusing) then I would bet good money that this will happen.
They start OK and tend to go downhill in this respect. All tanks have this to some extent, everything from rarely to constant. Unless you are getting 100% of the vapor all the time, there will be some condensation/juice somewhere in the chimney.
Low airflow tanks also 'encourage' the siphoning effect by creating a stronger vacuum leading to flooding at the atomizer end.
A lot of folks found when they put airflow bases on the Kanger protank/evod style clearomizers things improved a lot. I don't think there is an airflow base for plastic evods. Look into Kanger 'Aerotank' if you want to find out a little more.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    With the original EVOD, you need to clean out excess juice when you fill it. It kinds of catches some next to the coil chimney in the mouth tube and usually will hold that for the duration of one tank, but no longer. Kind of a genius accidental feature when it works right, actually. I've never had any issues with clone tanks, other than aging or their original coils (awful), and owned over a dozen and never the originals. I have 2 Kanger mini Protank 2's though, which I like. I use 2.2 ohm coils because the 1.8s really need about 3.3 volts rather than the minimum 3.4-3.7 volts of most batteries. Hitting them harder is good at first but degrades rapidly into burning and worse.

It is possible to get coil flooding, which will tend to persist until corrected, for example by blowing into the mouthpeice and out the bottom of the tank into a towel.

I have an EVOD 2 and Aerotank authentic, which are dual coils, which I find to have less flavor and high juice consumption (I could probably drain the mini-Aero in less than 30 minutes). There is a vertical version of the coil, which might be prone to leaking. Also, you can use single coils in them but must add gaskets.

The eGo CE5s with hidden bottom coil I tried were unusably bad. They were surely clones though, so I can't speak for all of them.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread