why does my Provari turn itself on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
first off, I love the crap out of my Provari. came from an eGo-c twist, then an eVic. Provari wins hands down in terms of vape smoothness and build quality.

however, there are instances when it turns itself on. for example:

a) i have checked that it has been turned off.. put it in a small carry pouch with my KFL+. the next time i decide to have a vape, i find that the Provari is already ON.

b) i have checked that it has been turned off.. put it in my pocket and walk around a bit, the next time i decide to have a vape, and take it out of my pocket, i find that the Provari is already ON.

c) i turn the provari off, and while the "OF" is showing on the display, i place it on the table standing upwards, and if its placed down with a slightly stronger than usual tap (maybe like a light knock) on the table, the "OF" sign goes off immediately, and the provari becomes on the ON state.

i've checked and cleaned the terminals. not sure why this is happening. does this happen to any of the rest of you guys? i'm thinking maybe when its being ported around, the battery inside shifts a bit and loses connection? then auto ON for example when u swap out batteries? hope some of you can chime in.. cheers!

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Um... what do you mean by 'on'? Because if the reason you know it's on is that the LIGHT IS BLINKING on the button... that means that you need to change the battery.

There's no other way for you to know it's ON except when you press the button and the light comes on. If the light is on when you didn't press the button, the battery needs changing:p.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
When u shake your Provari does it rattle?

If it does then for some reason the battery is indeed losing then making contact again causing your unit to auto turn on as if putting in a fresh battery.

I've tried shaking mine and it's solid no vibration at all, I'm using an button top IMR 18650, and when I turn off mine using the menu Po it shuts off and stays off no matter how hard I shake it, til I go back to the menu and turn it back on.

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
Define "on."

Did you turn it off using the menu option and it still fired anyway?

Or do you mean you used the menu option to turn it off and... it was still on. The menu option turns off the ability of the 510 connector to fire. It doesn't actually turn the Provari itself off.

I turn it OFF using the option menu. sometimes, when i take it out again, it remains OFF, so i need to turn it ON using the option menu. occasionally, when i take it out to vape, it is already ON, without having to go to the option menu. when i double check with the option menu, at "PO" it is "ON" (despite distinctly setting it to "OF" before putting it in the pouch).

When u shake your Provari does it rattle?

If it does then for some reason the battery is indeed losing then making contact again causing your unit to auto turn on as if putting in a fresh battery.

I've tried shaking mine and it's solid no vibration at all, I'm using an button top IMR 18650, and when I turn off mine using the menu Po it shuts off and stays off no matter how hard I shake it, til I go back to the menu and turn it back on.

nope it doesnt rattle when i shake it. i've also tried pulling at the bottom cap spring to make it a bit lengthier to ensure a constant good battery connection.
i'm using a button top AW IMR 18490.

Because its so damn sexy?

LOL yeah this may well be the reason..!

I'd suggest calling ProVape and see what they suggest. Maybe they'll have you return it for repair. Maybe they can suggest something over the phone that will resolve the issure you're having. I'm assuming it's still under warranty. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

got it off a distributor from a neighbouring country.. and i'm in a far far away land from the USA; sending it back for repair will be a pain living without it..!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's difficult to say if your Provari's ON/OFF function is malfunctioning or not; from your description it sounds like maybe it is, or is at least inconsistant.

The purpose of this function is to prevent accidental firing of the power switch and firing the coil while in your pocket. Due to the nature of the Provari's fire button, it is unlikely to ever fire in one's pocket. However, there is also a 12 second auto turnoff built into the Provari just in case the ON/OFF feature is not off which will prevent over-discharge of the battery. There is also over-discharge protection built into the Provari.

If you're still paranoid about the ON/OFF thing not working, you can always either just remove your juice delivery attachment (breaks the circuit of the battery) or remove the battery.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/530315-normal.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread