RDA Why does this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey kids, I've been rebuilding for a few months and still have much to learn. Why on a build with identical dual coils, does one coil barely wick at all. Check out the photo. I used Cotton Bacon and wicked both coils from the same piece of cotton I pulled off. This wicking .... is driving me crazy. Just can't seem to get it right.
bdd9a29ee1a3e1ac7ced14cbba8136c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
If they both glow red from inside out fast and positioned at the same height and you drip prime them both you should see both producing vapor with a test burn with top cap off.Either the wraps are not exactly the same ( you need to ohm those out separately ) or your causing a short from when you put the top cap on hitting the coil.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hey kids, I've been rebuilding for a few months and still have much to learn. Why on a build with identical dual coils, does one coil barely wick at all. Check out the photo. I used Cotton Bacon and wicked both coils from the same piece of cotton I pulled off. This wicking .... is driving me crazy. Just can't seem to get it right.
bdd9a29ee1a3e1ac7ced14cbba8136c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mercedes benz,

oh, and there's an rda in the pic too!
Ok, so one coil looks higher than the other; but I suspect the problem is the dry one is more compact; fluffy cotton wicks better than compact stuffed or twisted cotton.

Sadie Benz is my second child. All I've ever drove prior to owning that car was a total pile of ..... I had a Nissan 96 hardbody truck with 340,000 miles on it and a lady hit me on my way to work one morning. From all those years of driving a ....ing turd, I managed to save enough money for a brand new AMG Package C350 Sport.

CloudKick

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Sadie Benz is my second child. All I've ever drove prior to owning that car was a total pile of ..... I had a Nissan 96 hardbody truck with 340,000 miles on it and a lady hit me on my way to work one morning. From all those years of driving a ....ing turd, I managed to save enough money for a brand new AMG Package C350 Sport.
I would put my next pay check down that your coils aren't heating simultaneously before you're wicking

aki917

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
California
I'm not good but from the pic it looks like one coil is firing and other one is not it might be a loose screw my atomic does that time to time so I have to tighten it some time but if that happens ur ohm on the mod goes up and down or on my case it says check atomizer. ( using sigilei 100w pluse) and I've found out that I need to tighten screws when I'm done adjusting the coil before wicking. Coil hight wasn't too much of an issue for me anyways. I've been vaping for almost a month and I'm a rookie but I've made coil just to see the deference on what works the best. On my opinion YouTube helped a lot lol

Few tips....
When cotton try to be smooth and not fast as shark...you may open the coil when cotton....
The screws must be tight as tight you can.....
Oxydice the coil before install with torch....
Its good to have ceramic tweezers but oldies always goodies....
One last
When drippin like that open the cup and wet the cotton instead of droppin frop drip tip that was ancient when we set up single coils and use wicks....

Bane213

May 8, 2014
Ohio
The wick on the left looks like its never had juice dripped on it. Make sure it is all fully saturated before firing for the first time after re wicking. When you fire with the cap off, does vapor come off both coils?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree with cloudz. The cotton on the left looks like it wasn't saturated at all. After a new build and before I put the cap on, both my coils and cotton will look like the one on the right. Make sure you're getting those wicks nice and wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread