Why e-cigarettes have an image problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardo

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
Why e-cigarettes have an image problem | OUPblog

Some good thoughts here. I do hope though that like in the UK, where government agencies and stop smoking services and vaping community etc are all starting to get on the same page about the changing status of nicotine and the opportunity vaping presents for smokers - I do hope that some day the same processes start taking place in the US. I hope that day is not far. I mean with 9 million daily vapers - how many more does it take to change the tide?!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
a ploy from Big tobacco to find new profit streams

It was never a ploy from BT, they resolved to hijack it because it was cutting into their profit stream, and government quickly followed suit being that it was undermining their Master Settlement Agreements with BT in which they took big money to look the other way on the health damage done by BT's products . Now vaping is seen as a source of new revenues, and toward that end it's being vilified pursuant to punitive taxation in order to milk it for all the revenues it's worth. Such a pity we can't just throw all those people in jail for betrayal of the public trust.

I might be cynical, but I came by it honestly, and what I see behind this stuff is orchestrated hate in service to pure greed.

Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
@Lessifer This dual outlook appears to be a meeting of the minds combining
both the appeal of vaping in and of itself with the practical health benefits one
obtains from switching to vaping from smoking.
One could say it's the best of both worlds,whats to complain about? I speculate
this dual approach would work out better in Europe but,would play out differently
here in the states. If the THR and cessation approach gains traction here we very
well could wind up with two separate and distinct FDA regulated factions. One would be
the commercial faction. BT and,whoever remains selling cigalikes with limited
flavors and nicotine strength. Then BP with their cessation and harm reduction solutions.
Probably consisting of devices similar to our second and third generation devices or
combinations there of. VV,VW,WC,TC,micro-processor controlled with built in puff meters
and precise nicotine doses.
Of course the commercial faction will have to be heavily regulated and taxed for
our protection and further studies. Also to subsidize BP efforts as they will have a
dual mission of not only helping smokers quit but,also helping vapers quit their
nicotine addictions. Did I mention the chillen' ?
In the end we all be be just a bunch of happy campers slapping ourselves on
the back for doing our part in helping eliminate the scourge of evil nicotine
from the face of the earth.
Then again I could be mistaken.;)
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
@Lessifer This dual outlook appears to be a meeting of the minds combining
both the appeal of vaping in and of itself with the practical health benefits one
obtains from switching to vaping from smoking.
One could say it's the best of both worlds,whats to complain about? I speculate
this dual approach would work out better in Europe but,would play out differently
here in the states. If the THR and cessation approach gains traction here we very
well could wind up with two separate and distinct FDA regulated factions. One would be
the commercial faction. BT and,whoever remains selling cigalikes with limited
flavors and nicotine strength. Then BP with their cessation and harm reduction solutions.
Probably consisting of devices similar to our second and third generation devices or
combinations there of. VV,VW,WC,TC,micro-processor controlled with built in puff meters
and precise nicotine doses.
Of course the commercial faction will have to be heavily regulated and taxed for
our protection and further studies. Also to subsidize BP efforts as they will have a
dual mission of not only helping smokers quit but,also helping vapers quit their
nicotine addictions. Did I mention the chillen' ?
In the end we all be be just a bunch of happy campers slapping ourselves on
the back for doing our part in helping eliminate the scourge of evil nicotine
from the face of the earth.
Then again I could be mistaken.;)
:2c:
Regards
Mike
Perhaps I'm an incurable idealist, but I've yet to see anyone give an actual justification as to why vapor products require regulations stricter than energy drinks.

ETA: I don't believe it is pragmatic to insist that the industry requires regulations that are arbitrary and do nothing to make the actual products safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread