• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Why I hate Religion, but love Jesus.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com

http://youtu.be/1IAhDGYlpqY

Don't get this post wrong! I LOVE :wub: the "CHURCH".... the TRUE followers which constitute the 'body' of Christ.

WE are the CHURCH and we are not a RELIGION or a specific or exclusive denomination following specific theologies and/or dogmatic doctrines.... We follow a specific SAVIOR and have a specific Mission to share the 'Gospel of the Good News that Christ Saves" and to make disciples around the World.

Our Mission Field is wherever we are, 24/7/365.

We do nothing out of obligation but out of Love for the Father.

We live by Faith (not sight) and feed on Grace.

We know that LOVE covers a multitude of Sins and we let our lights (of Love!) shine into a dark World.

Christians are not a RELIGION, we are followers who have a personal 'relationship' with Christ.

There's a difference.

Not Judging, just saying.. this is REAL. :thumbs:

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Having come from a more Episcopalian or Old Catholic background, it's impossible for me to make a sharp contrast between Jesus and religion. But then, our churches have never been known for the sorts of things that people love to bash about religion- we aren't moralists or out to control peoples lives, dogmatic doctrines as you say have never been high on our list of distinctions (Old Catholics left Rome because of one dogma too many, I think the motto could easily be "keep it simple, stupid"). And we aren't particularly sectarian ("our church is the only true church", though most of us believe it's the best way to be Christian... at least for us). Yet, few people really know what Episcopalians and Old Catholics are about, maybe we are just religion's best kept secret?

Last edited:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Having come from a more Episcopalian or Old Catholic background, it's impossible for me to make a sharp contrast between Jesus and religion. But then, our churches have never been known for the sorts of things that people love to bash about religion- we aren't moralists or out to control peoples lives, dogmatic doctrines as you say have never been high on our list of distinctions (Old Catholics left Rome because of one dogma too many, I think the motto could easily be "keep it simple, stupid"). And we aren't particularly sectarian ("our church is the only true church", though most of us believe it's the best way to be Christian... at least for us). Yet, few people really know what Episcopalians and Old Catholics are about, maybe we are just religion's best kept secret?

I hear you FireDragon and Amen! :thumbs:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
FireDragon, I've always known that if we K.I.S.S., just like Jesus did, I am for SIMPLE! Did Jesus have a church in which to spread the Good News? No. He spoke on hillsides, by sea shores, any place where people wanted to hear Him. (It would be glorious to have been there!) And Scriptures states that crowds followed Him EVERYWHERE! He couldn't get away from them, even to grieve. He explained to Nicodemus how to become born-again. To be a real Christian, all people need to do is ask Jesus into their hearts, to forgive your sins and repent of them, then choose to live as close a life as Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit. It's that simple. It's that easy.

Scripture also states that we fellowship together. Jesus fellowshipped with His disciples in the upper room, the Last Supper. You could say that was a church. He fellowshipped with them also where they were hiding out. Churches can meet anywhere. Adornments, expensive items....well, they are wasted on me. I wish I were able to go to church. I believe in tithing. Churches have exspenses and obligations.....water bill, electric bill, secretaries to keep the books, etc. Those items have to be met, plus a salary for the minister, etc. I have been to see Notre Dame in Paris and those stain glass windows were breathtaking. But a plain window would have worked just as well. I believe we are obligated to Almighty God to be a good steward to Him, our neighbors, our cities (recycling), our state and so on. It's the fellowship and learning together that is important thing. We need each other to stand with when trials and trouble comes. Yes, I have leaned on Jesus through the Holy Spirit so hard, I thought I'd knocked Him down. He is with us, but it also helps to have neighbors to support you in times of trouble....a loved one dying, or in the hospital, or extra food.

I am with Cuz on this one. I'm not a fan of organized religion. What happened to K.I.S.S.? Some remind me of the Pharisees, and we know what Jesus said about them. Read God's Word. Allow Him to guide and direct you. You do what He says, not all kinds of traditions that mean nothing to Him. I hope I haven't offended anyone as that was not my intention. :closedeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread