Why is my new coil still tasting burnt? Basic starter kit shesha pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Ahmad

Oct 12, 2017
I’ve had and used box mods in the past so I know about vaping and what not but I have just replaced my coil in a basic shesha pen and I’m still getting a burnt taste. The picture I have attached is the pen I’ve got.

Attachments

• 51286F6D-30A1-4DFE-B855-934D7F98FB72.png
    51286F6D-30A1-4DFE-B855-934D7F98FB72.png
    291.1 KB · Views: 43

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Did you clean your tank thoroughly and replace the juice? Did you keep vaping it yesterday after it tasted burnt? One of the reasons not to vape a burnt coil is that it will affect your juice, which will affect your tank. Sometimes tanks can just hold on to that taste for quite some time (even after cleaning) if you vape on a burnt coil for too long. I'd take everything apart, take a new coil, and start over. If you can't get it working or tasting right, maybe you need to travel with it to where you bought it or at least a vape store, to see if they can be of help.

Good luck,

Anna

Nathan Ahmad

Oct 12, 2017
Did you clean your tank thoroughly and replace the juice? Did you keep vaping it yesterday after it tasted burnt? One of the reasons not to vape a burnt coil is that it will affect your juice, which will affect your tank. Sometimes tanks can just hold on to that taste for quite some time (even after cleaning) if you vape on a burnt coil for too long. I'd take everything apart, take a new coil, and start over. If you can't get it working or tasting right, maybe you need to travel with it to where you bought it or at least a vape store, to see if they can be of help.

Good luck,

Anna
Hi Anna
I never replaced my liquid or cleaned my tank which I probably should have. The reason I didn’t is because when I had a Smok Alien I just replaced the burnt coil and everything tasted fine with a new coil but I guess it would be very different for these small pens. Thanks for your help

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA

Good luck

Anna

Stols is right. Your pen looks very similar to a Evod. When I burnt a coil on mine it was very hard to get that taste out of it until I started using a Q tip (cotton swab) to clean the inside of the chimney. Pull enough cotton off the swab to get it to fit inside (yep almost all of it) and swab away. Sometimes just rinsing it out is not enough.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Also (I'm going to sound like my own kid at ME while I was a dual user and didn't really pay attention to this stuff) don't keep your juice once you have a burnt coil. For one, the juice really "turns" bad sooner than the coil, IMO, as since the coil is turning bad, it will start releasing undesirable byproducts into your ejuice which you do not want to have happen. If you are getting The Taste, I'm kind of shocked that it was fine with your Alien (maybe if you replaced it JUST in time, before things really got bad) but even then it probably wasn't "fine" in the sense that you were running a bad coil, that was burnt (burnt! Like tobacco!) it's safe to say (and in fact, there is a long thread on this in the general forum about e-liquid testing) that once your coil is burnt or giving dry hits, it IS releasing undesirable things like formaldehyde into your vape. It's not the end of the world, but it should be noted that the longer you go with burnt coil/juice, the less safety you will get out of vaping. Vaping on a burnt coil isn't just gross, it's actually bad for you. E-liquid is not that expensive, there is NO reason not to pour out the juice that goes with the bad coil, e-liquid is not hard to obtain at this time, and should you so desire, you could even get into DIY your own liquid which is So inexpensive.

You really need to take care of your vape equipment if you want it to last. Routine cleaning, coil changing, and discarding of toasted ejuice is a very routine part of the process, and it is Best Practice to clean your tank thoroughly and discard burnt e-liquid after the coil goes bad. If you get into good habits, vaping will be more successful for you, you will enjoy it more, your equipment will last longer, and it will be safer.

Best of luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread