Why is the Hex Ohm so loved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
I went to a uptown hamburger joint in Flagstaff and paid $13 for a hamburger. It was awesome yet I still speak of the price before the awesomeness. Was it worth it? The hex ohm box is a simple boxmod without off switch ($2), voltage meter ($3), numbered potentiometer ($4) with a cheapo yet cool button ($4), a Hammond 1590G box ($7) and a OKR T10 chip ($10). Their warranty is great yet with such a basic box why should it break? Should we not look at the roughly $40 in parts total and figure out how to solder? At $180 they sell out like hotcakes. Dont we all laugh at the pre-built coils sold for dripping? What are your thoughts please. I dont want to knock a great box, built very well in a market of crappy soldering in the same price range but what gives?

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I dont think they are overpriced at all and I have built one just like it and use it daily. They used to be the low cost option when it came to box mods and they grew into a cult like following much like the Duke mod did. They make their own enclosures now all c&c shiny machined. I want one now more than I did then and I encourage you to learn to solder if you do not know how and make one or three for yourself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread