Why is there so many anti vaping articles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutermelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2011
Las vegas
^see topic

And the funny thing is they have no source. one article said "oh the e juice is dangerous if u drink it you die" no ....! you arnt suppose to drink it. Also, today while I was driving this radio ad said "E cigs are dangerous! they have cancer causing chemicals IT HAS NICOTINE which is MORE ADDICTIVE THAN HERORIN" ... does look like im gonna stab someone for a vape? It makes me wonder is anything in the media true? At first it didnt bother me but these ads and articles are spreading the wrong ideas and use very very vague information. These anti-vape people have this mentality of "it looks like smoke its BAD!" What else are we gonna ban? Tooth paste?

I know there is probably a lot of posts like this but im just saying that false info is spreading like wildfire recently.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Most of the anti-vaping propaganda is actually coming from organizations that oppose so called "Big Tobacco". It's actually coming from a long-term anti-tobacco crusading war machine that sees the recreational use of nicotine or tobacco, in any form, as something that needs to be stamped out. For these folks, vaping is just another face of tobacco addiction: the product may be cleaner, and they probably would not deny that, but they still see it as part of a pattern of substance use they don't approve of, and believe should be stamped out.

Big Tobacco is actually as much the victim of the government as smokers are. They are forbidden to make truthful claims about their products, so it effectively limits how well they can sell low-risk products (like smokeless tobacco or e-cigs, yes tobacco companies now make e-cigs too). To add insult to injury, they are forced to put misleading labels on their products ("This product is not a safe alternative to cigarettes"- which is true but misleading, as safety is always a relative matter).

Last edited:

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
Most of the anti-vaping propaganda is actually coming from organizations that oppose so called "Big Tobacco". It's actually coming from a long-term anti-tobacco crusading war machine that sees the recreational use of nicotine or tobacco, in any form, as something that needs to be stamped out. For these folks, vaping is just another face of tobacco addiction: the product may be cleaner, and they probably would not deny that, but they still see it as part of a pattern of substance use they don't approve of, and believe should be stamped out.

Big Tobacco is actually as much the victim of the government as smokers are. They are forbidden to make truthful claims about their products, so it effectively limits how well they can sell low-risk products (like smokeless tobacco or e-cigs, yes tobacco companies now make e-cigs too). To add insult to injury, they are forced to put misleading labels on their products ("This product is not a safe alternative to cigarettes"- which is true but misleading, as safety is always a relative matter).

^This. A classic tell you will see from this group is the argument that "Since vaping looks like smoking it should be banned or else it might 'normalize' smoking." These people see no difference in nicotine use and smoking; in their minds you haven't quit because you are still using nicotine.

Last edited:

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Right... anti-vaping is part of a long-term strategy of de-normalizing smoking and tobacco use. Basically, the ANTZ (anti-nicotine and tobacco zealots) want smoking to be dangerous, to discourage future users from taking up the habit, and they don't want you having the freedom to find alternatives like vaping, because they don't believe you have the right to decide for yourself what to do with your body... that only belongs to government beaurocracy, career activists, and pharmaceutical companies to decide. Their opposition is not a matter of debating facts, they would agree that vaping is safer for the individual smoker, the real opposition is in questions of values- individual liberty vs. authoritarianism.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Anti smoking, vaping... "whatever" has evolved into something that's part of our culture now. There's an instinctive discriminatory attitude about it and we all know that discrimination is based on feelings, emotions and most importantly, all the those things we've been taught as children about tobacco (which is now synonymous with "nicotine").

Wherever you find chemical dependency (addiction) you'll find people wagging their fingers at you because it makes them feel better about their sanctimonious, self righteous and petty existence.

Then they die like the rest of us. :D

Bontasia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2014
Texas
The posters above are 100% correct. Vapers are going to catch up with smokers, at the current growth rate, by 2020 and that's making big tobacco and big pharmacy shake in their boots.

Have you ever heard ANYONE say "I slapped on this nicotine patch and never touched a cigarette again!" or "I popped this piece of gum in my mouth and never had another craving!"? Nope. In contrast you can spend 5 minutes on these forums alone and see countless stories of people vaping ONE TIME and never picking up an analog again with no DESIRE to.

The media (being fed, I am convinced, by these industries and their own goal to make money) run these alarmist stories with exaggerated claims and shock headlines and the average non-smoker/non-vaper know nothing about it and believe it because it's CNN and the CDC and the New York Times. They scream about THE CHILDREN and the POISON and it works. The number one thing I hear from people I've told about my quitting smoking and vaping is "That's great but I heard those are dangerous. You just don't know what's IN them". When I say yes, yes I do know all 4 things that are in them they usually smile nervously and are obviously unconvinced.

Vaping is still relatively new as far as starting to be mainstream and it's going to be a race to either get the word out that it IS saving lives before the government and corporations with only money on their minds squash it.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Why is there so many anti vaping articles?

Because there are a lot of unemployed/underemployed internet day writers out there with lots of time on their hands. They come in all shapes, sizes, races, colors and beliefs but the one binding thread between them = they all believe they know what is best for a brighter tomorrow. They know better than the mindless masses they write too and ignorance of their subject matter is of no consequence to them. So they write articles to convince themselves they are saving and changing the world rather than getting their hands dirty and actually saving and changing it by helping at the ground level where it is messy.

PeppermintPatty

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
California
I also find the ads extremely frustrating and just hope the public maintains a bit of common sense, including the very basic concept that if nicotine were so horrible, why do the tobacco companies and pharmacies sell it to whomever? Cannot have it both ways there people.....if it is that horrible, don't sell it to anyone, otherwise, be quiet about it.

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin
^see topic

And the funny thing is they have no source. one article said "oh the e juice is dangerous if u drink it you die" no ....! you arnt suppose to drink it. Also, today while I was driving this radio ad said "E cigs are dangerous! they have cancer causing chemicals IT HAS NICOTINE which is MORE ADDICTIVE THAN HERORIN" ... does look like im gonna stab someone for a vape? It makes me wonder is anything in the media true? At first it didnt bother me but these ads and articles are spreading the wrong ideas and use very very vague information. These anti-vape people have this mentality of "it looks like smoke its BAD!" What else are we gonna ban? Tooth paste?

I know there is probably a lot of posts like this but im just saying that false info is spreading like wildfire recently.
I may not stab somone over my ejuice but caffeine on the other hand.. well lets just say the bodies arnt in the sewer ;)

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
There are so many article because it's something people enjoy. That means it must be bad and it's time for legislation to put an end to it. We are all to stupid to know what's best for us.
- can you smell the sarcasm?
Phew! I had to light 3 candles, use all my fabreeze and two cans of air freshner on THAT one!!

On a more serious note. Most of these stories and ads are being paid for by the larger pharmaceutical companies (BP) through their anti-nicotine and tobacco zealot (ANTZ) organizations. You will be hard pressed to find such an organization that is not supported and paid for by BP using some of their profits from such wonder-products like Chantix. You know, the wonder-drug that has only cost a "few" deaths?

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Phew! I had to light 3 candles, use all my fabreeze and two cans of air freshner on THAT one!!

On a more serious note. Most of these stories and ads are being paid for by the larger pharmaceutical companies (BP) through their anti-nicotine and tobacco zealot (ANTZ) organizations. You will be hard pressed to find such an organization that is not supported and paid for by BP using some of their profits from such wonder-products like Chantix. You know, the wonder-drug that has only cost a "few" deaths?

That's a sore subject for me...
I tried chantix -after a weak I was getting serious suicidal thoughts
I tried Wellbutrin and after a few weeks was crying for the gopher in caddyshack.

But the drugs are much better than vaping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
It makes me wonder is anything in the media true?

That is the REAL question isn't it. It used to be easy to believe what the media said. After all, they are "investigative journalists" and they make sure they are reporting the truth right? Now we can plainly see that they are in fact NOT reporting truth, they are in fact reporting stories specifically designed to engineer public opinion to fit an agenda. So now that our eyes have been opened, we have to ask ourselves, what else are they telling us that is specifically misleading in order to shape our opinions to someone else's agenda? Is anything they are telling us really true?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
:pop: :pop: :pop:

Gosh I love threads like this. Yet another person comes to the realization that the media are nothing but corporate flunkies, and the much-vaunted free press is no such thing, and nobody ever really wanted us to quit smoking, but if we just had to, then we have to use the drugs that giant pharma says to use, and American freedom is just an ideal, a smoke-screen over the greed and iniquity of big business.

Maybe if enough Americans realize this, we can get something done about it. Maybe?

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread