WHY ME ALWAYS? Cube warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
I feel for you, it's a pain when stuff breaks. In my case I have a Therion 166 that is so knackered the display lights up at night randomly and wakes me up if I don't take the batteries out of it. I've had a 4 month old Asmodus Minikin that ended up draining only one battery so that went in the bin. My Kayfun Prime has broken twice, which I still feel is down to it being less robust and not all due to me being heavy handed.

But the thing that absolutely always winds me up without fail is leaky tanks. Why is it that they always dump juice over my most expensive mods?

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
I feel for you, it's a pain when stuff breaks. In my case I have a Therion 166 that is so knackered the display lights up at night randomly and wakes me up if I don't take the batteries out of it. I've had a 4 month old Asmodus Minikin that ended up draining only one battery so that went in the bin. My Kayfun Prime has broken twice, which I still feel is down to it being less robust and not all due to me being heavy handed.

But the thing that absolutely always winds me up without fail is leaky tanks. Why is it that they always dump juice over my most expensive mods?
Yesterday I realized I lost my beloved Cascade Baby sub-ohm tank. Last weekend I put myself to clean all my vape stuff, and just forgot how to open a specific Cascade section... Result? I broke my glass trying to open it, but actually closing it tight. Ok, I still had the backup glass. Was able to open and clean it all. Put it together as always. But when I refilled it with juice... Lots of leaks. Severe floods. Ok, I still had my spare o-rings. All properly chenged. New cleaning process, new carefull build process and... Still lots of leaking. I repeated all the stuff couple of times, just to realize I'm unable to stop the leaks. Ok, I'm a RTA vaper now, but the fact is Cascade Baby was my first tank, bought in my trip to Berlin, and now I just can't use it anymore. Yes, it hurts, and put myself down. That's my relic, though. No way to put it in a bin.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Yesterday I realized I lost my beloved Cascade Baby sub-ohm tank. Last weekend I put myself to clean all my vape stuff, and just forgot how to open a specific Cascade section... Result? I broke my glass trying to open it, but actually closing it tight. Ok, I still had the backup glass. Was able to open and clean it all. Put it together as always. But when I refilled it with juice... Lots of leaks. Severe floods. Ok, I still had my spare o-rings. All properly chenged. New cleaning process, new carefull build process and... Still lots of leaking. I repeated all the stuff couple of times, just to realize I'm unable to stop the leaks. Ok, I'm a RTA vaper now, but the fact is Cascade Baby was my first tank, bought in my trip to Berlin, and now I just can't use it anymore. Yes, it hurts, and put myself down. That's my relic, though. No way to put it in a bin.

Nightmare. Thankfully you can still get the Cascade Baby tank from Fasttech for about $23 if you wanted a replacement. I do understand the nostalgia since it was your first tank. I have a Tilemahos V2 Plus I bought from Golden Greek, cost me quite a bit, but a few months ago the positive post broke apart. Can't get a replacement now but I'm keeping the tank on my shelf due to how good it looks.

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
Nightmare. Thankfully you can still get the Cascade Baby tank from Fasttech for about $23 if you wanted a replacement. I do understand the nostalgia since it was your first tank. I have a Tilemahos V2 Plus I bought from Golden Greek, cost me quite a bit, but a few months ago the positive post broke apart. Can't get a replacement now but I'm keeping the tank on my shelf due to how good it looks.
Yes, the Cascade Baby is pretty cheap, but for me it's more a question of personal feeling than actual use. It's my first ever serious tank, but now I use mainly RTA ones and pod systems. To vape on the Cascade was more a matter of nostalgia than actual vaping. Because of this I'll maintain it carefully for now on.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Out of curiosity, and encouraged from a webshop sale, one Cube (Aurora color pattern) is in the mail now.
I hope I'll receive it tomorrow, so I can try (play with) it this long (Bank Holiday) weekend.
Not that I need it, just wanted to see what all this hype (and despair) is about.
I'll write about it in the coming days..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread