Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I received a new Smok RSST in the vapemail today with intention of it to be the new topper on my Nemesis clone.

I rolled my mesh and wrapped my coil. Pulsed my coil and then filled the tank.

Vape time. Was working great for a few seconds until it started gurgling and noticed I had liquid running not only out the air hole but down the sides of the mod. It was puking everywhere. I figured, perhaps the diameter of my straw was a little excessive. So I rolled a new thicker wick, and wrapped a new coil. Filled with liquid and vaped. Puked fluid everywhere just the same as before.

Only this time, I didn't have enough mesh to wrap a different wick.....so out came the cable.

Installed a 3mm SS cable with a small wrap of mesh at the top, and wrapped a new coil. Vaped. Liquid leaking everywhere.

Disassembled it completely once again and this time I found the problem. It had no o-ring installed between the top of the tank and the deck from the factory. Luckily it comes with some spares and I installed one in the bottom of the deck and re-assembled with cable/mesh setup.

vaping Nirvana. The RSST delivers as promised as an easy genesis build. Coil came out to .7Ω (I'm comfortable with that)

This thing looks .....in' on the Nemesis clone and has the vape to back it up. ;)

RSSTNemesis.jpg RSSTcoil.jpg

FYI, I found the stock air hole to be completely useless and drilled it to 1/16", then ultimately 3/32" which finally satisfied me.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Two days ago I wrapped a new coil on mine just before running out the door, took all of about 2 minutes, SS rope/SS mesh, 28g 2/3 wrap .9Ω, filled the tank and took a vape, was awesome and on my way I went... Left to go do some work for someone and noticed about an hour and a half later there was a very distinct spearmint odor everywhere I went... Then it dawned on me!!! Took the top cap off and sure enough, forgot to put the fill plug in!!! Not so bad though as it was only about 1 1/2-2ml... When I got home I went to get the fill plug off the work bench and it was gone... Then I remembered the paper towel I was working on was wadded up and thrown in the trash, pulled it out and unwadded it and low and behold, there it was!!! No more leaking... I love my RSST, when I remember to go through all the steps in setting it up properly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread