Why only 20% flavor liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
I'm not sure if this is the spot for this (so please move it if it's not), but I have a have noticed that in all the DIY liquid recipes, they only allow for 20% flavor. I saw on one flavor websites that they recommend a max of 20% flavor as well.

Is this just a general guideline (to save flavor liquid), or can this actually hurt you? If I put in 20% flavor and like, 5% sweetener or koolada, would that mess things up?

My base is 100%vg at 24mg nic, and I dilute down to 18mg with 20% flavor, can I fill the extra PG/VG needed in with sweetener or more flavor?

:glare:

Any help would be appreciated.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I think it really depends on the flavor. There are some things, it seems especially tobacco flavors, that are good at 2.5%-5%. Some things, like koolada for me, takes 1 drop and I'm good. I have read some tobacco extractions can be mixed at a pretty high percentage. I haven't done a good one yet so I don't know.

The only thing I can recommend is doing a search here for your flavors and starting at the low point. Shake, test, steep if it needs it and only then add to it if it's not enough.

eta- Read Hoosier's blog too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread