Wick brown on one side only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah its a minor thing. Don't vape any different.
Might also be a wick flow thing. One side wicks different/better than the other. It never really bothered me...its sporadic. I'm not 100% sure but it might be on the wicks that I trimmed. Maybe I trimmed a little bit more off one side....I'll make a point of keeping an eye on it.

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Just as i said in that thread, it's probably going to be unbalanced wicks.
Agree. Thanks mate. The silution will be to patiently pay more attention when trimming the tails.
What also is a factor I think...I like a tightly stuffed wick. Because I sometimes "force" it through, it leaves a "bulge" on the one side of the coil. That might be an obstruction because its unequal to the other side of the cotton going into the coil...!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thinking about it more I'm going to say unbalanced wicking or too much in the coil (especially on one side or the other) and POSSIBLE hot spots. I am sure airflow could cause it, but frantically casting my eye BACK to the past, I see a sort of vague correlation between one side getting brown and a sort of early "splitting" in the coil, which with rayon means at least ONE part of the coil is too thick, in the coil, which can cause breakage. So I am thinking POSSIBLY that um my coil wasn't even, I had hot spots, or I did not thoroughly untwist or comb my wicking out well. I bet improper placement of the coil, like slightly crooked or slightly higher on one side or the other Underneath the coil could cause it.

With all that, it sort of sounds like I should add "planets current placement in the sky," so I will add that, too.
LOL.

Anan

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Cotton or rayon? I will guess you're getting less juice flow through the whiter tail for some reason.
TBH I can't remember. Hasn't happened since i'm keeping an eye on it. I use both cotton and rayon on different devices.
I agree about less juice flow on the white side...

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread