Wick replacement materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEATHTOCIGS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
TEXAS
I find it hard to believe that here in the USA, no one can seem to find 2 basic materials for fixing atomizers. The first is silica/fiberglass string for wick replacement and the second is 400 stainless steel mesh/clothe. These products appear to be readily available in Europe. Does anyone know of a USA vendor that sells either of these items. I did see some string on NHALER but only if you want to purchase it with nichrome wire. Bulli-smoker also sells the string, but you have to wait for a shipment from Germany. The only place I could find the SS mesh was on e-bay, and that ships from the UK. Any help would be appreciated.

DEATHTOCIGS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
TEXAS
Hey Emanguba, thanks for the post, I did find some glass fibre wick at the wickstore.com. I'll keep that site in my favorites for the future. The stainless steel mesh is the real hard one, at did find some at grainger.com but I guess you need to have a corporate account to order because the site would not let me make an order. I ended up buying some on e-bay, but it has to come from the UK. It would be nice if we could just walk into home depot or walmart to get this stuff.

VTAK8K

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
I'd like to find a place to buy fully assembled new wicks that I could just pop into my eGo T. So far that is the only weak spot I have found on the tank atties. I haven't had any die, but I've had a few wicks fall apart and fall out. I'd be willing to pay a buck or 2, or like $10 for 5 wicks seems reasonable. I've got probly 4-5 atties that work fine other than needing a wick. Like I said, I built one once but it was a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread