Wicking issues with SS wick, Cobra rebuildable atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

c o r n f e d

Apr 26, 2013
USA
Hey there,
Ive been vaping now for a year and I have recently joined ECF to gain and give knowledge to the vaping community. I started my experience with dripping atomizers, cartomizers, and clearomizers. I thought I would try something different a few months back and spent the money on a Cobra rebuildable. I've gotten very good at wrapping my coils with no hot spots and rolling/oxidizing the SS for my wicks. My problem is, after a few puffs the burnt liquid(or so I think) travels back down the wick and into the tank. So only after 5 or so puffs the entire bottom half of the liquid is now a deep brown color. I have heard this is normal, but the entire tank doesn't turn all at once, it starts at the bottom of the wick and makes it way up to the rest of the juice. I understand gravity plays a role in this, but someone, somewhere must have a bit of a solution. I've used 400 and 325 mesh, 30 and 32 gauge kanthal for my coils. I have rolled tight wicks loose wicks, used less and used more mesh, but nothing helped. I have also used a straightened paperclip to roll with. I thought it might have been the juice I was using, but have tried all different ratios of PG/VG and juices of all different kinds. I have watched countless youtube tutorials for wick and coil basics as well.
If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
Underpowered coil. The coil is not hot enough, so a lot of the juice gets boiled instead of vaporized, then washes back into your tank.
Hi Kanji, can you define underpowered for me? I'm using a Chobra on an Evic right now, but I'm waiting for a Precise Plus 18650 to arrive before I start using my Cobra 5ml version. I've already rolled my wick, 4.5 cm wide around a paperclip and it fits nicely in the wick hole. I'm going to use 32 kanthal wire and no kick......what would you suggest as far as wrapping the coil? Should I perhaps use a different wire. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread