Wicking the Kanger Subtank Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sema4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
East Coast USA
24g kanthal, 5 tight wraps on an 1/8" drillbit (any bigger diameter loses a lot of flavor for me and is usually harsh). Heat till glowing with 13 watts, compress gently with pliers and repeat until uniform glow occurs on fire (cool by blowing on coil between compresses to keep insulator happy). Yields .5 ohm. Cut 2" of japan pad cotton, 3/8" wide, then fluff up with itsy bitsy spider action. Will be snug, and may need a few threads pulled out to fit. Should almost knock the coil out of whack when pulling thru. Pull it back and forth to condition the cotton a bit. Blow off deck of any cotton dust, stray fibers. Center and lift both ends up. Place middle barrel section over the ears, minding any extra threads that try to get twirled around as you tighten it down. Cut ends off 3/8" above top of barrel. Tuck each end down evenly, but not tightly into hole area. Make sure cotton is not pulled down at the ends of your coil (i.e. coil full, not having a small gap at the top from cotton tension). Lather up with liquid. Wait a sec..... ..... ..... Place top barrel cap on, fill, assemble..... set mod to 15-17 watts (2.8v) and enjoy.

Never a dry hit, even while chain vaping up to 85vg in my experience.

Reactions: navigator2011

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
24g kanthal, 5 tight wraps on an 1/8" drillbit (any bigger diameter loses a lot of flavor for me and is usually harsh). Heat till glowing with 13 watts, compress gently with pliers and repeat until uniform glow occurs on fire (cool by blowing on coil between compresses to keep insulator happy). Yields .5 ohm. Cut 2" of japan pad cotton, 3/8" wide, then fluff up with itsy bitsy spider action. Will be snug, and may need a few threads pulled out to fit. Should almost knock the coil out of whack when pulling thru. Pull it back and forth to condition the cotton a bit. Blow off deck of any cotton dust, stray fibers. Center and lift both ends up. Place middle barrel section over the ears, minding any extra threads that try to get twirled around as you tighten it down. Cut ends off 3/8" above top of barrel. Tuck each end down evenly, but not tightly into hole area. Make sure cotton is not pulled down at the ends of your coil (i.e. coil full, not having a small gap at the top from cotton tension). Lather up with liquid. Wait a sec..... ..... ..... Place top barrel cap on, fill, assemble..... set mod to 15-17 watts (2.8v) and enjoy.

Never a dry hit, even while chain vaping up to 85vg in my experience.

which rba head are you thinking here?
1: the original with the vertical juice channels,
or
2: the second edition with the horizontal juices holes through the barrel ?

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Guess the bigger question is knowing how many tankfuls you vape before you have to wick. I usually use Rayon and I wick every two or 3 tankfuls. Not because I have to rewick it is more because I can. In five or six months I do not believe I have ever got a dry hit. I have never used the stock coils that came with it as I only use the RBA. I just sits on a shelf mostly now as their are much better tanks out now that throw huge clouds at lower watts. CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread