will lower resistance coil/wire work better on dual coil?

justine!!!

Jul 1, 2023
hi im new to vaping and currently using aegis geekvape mini the one with the built in li-po battery. right now im using two 6 loops alien dual core in my atomizer and im curious that if i use lower resistance coils itll work better in my vape so here iam asking the pros
and also feel free to speak your mind and give me advices thanks!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
hi im new to vaping and currently using aegis geekvape mini the one with the built in li-po battery. right now im using two 6 loops alien dual core in my atomizer and im curious that if i use lower resistance coils itll work better in my vape so here iam asking the pros
Hi and welcome,

Please define "better" from your perspective.

Tell us about your build: Wire type, wick material, ID , RTA/RDA, watts used, battery life, ... What do you want to change?

How long did you smoke and how many per day?

What is the nicotine level and PG/VG content of your liquids?

Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    What do you mean by work better? Is the ramp up time too long? Does the vape feel weak?

• Love
    Reactions: justine!!!

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    You have to remember that when you use dual coils, the resistance of each coil is halved. For instance, if you are using 0.4 ohm coils, your resistance will be 0.2 ohms for dual coils. This is important because most regulated mods will not allow a resistance below a certain point, usually 0.15 ohms. With mech mods it becomes more important be cause lower ohms will cause higher voltages, and you must stay within the batteries' safe range.

• Love

justine!!!

Jul 1, 2023
    Hi and welcome,

Tell us about your build: Wire type, wick material, ID , RTA/RDA, watts used, battery life, ... What do you want to change?

Where are you located?

Cheers

What do you mean by work better? Is the ramp up time too long? Does the vape feel weak?
    yeah both weak and long although the flavor is good i dont get much smoke and the battery life is kinda sht

justine!!!

Jul 1, 2023
    Hi and welcome,

Where are you located?

Cheers
    I
    what i meant by better is more smoke with decent battery life
    my wire is 6 loops alien dual core im using cotton pads the muji one my rda is drop v2 rda in dual coil i go for 40 to 60w the battery life is kinda short because it only have one battery
    what i want to change is for it to have more smoke and more decent battery life maybe by changing coil i guess i cant really change the battery lol
    i vape till 1 bar left in the battery indicator of my vape
    my juice nic level is 3mg 70/30 and 60/40 all of them are fruity flavor
    and im from philippines

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    yeah the ramp up time is slow there are less but denser smoke compared to using only 1 coil
    Going with a lower overall resistance is only going to make the battery life shorter. Lower ohms means higher wattage is needed to achieve the same coil temp. You're either going to want to increase the resistance of the coil(s) (which is further going to increase the ramp up time), or get a dual battery mod.

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread