Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I started DIY my juice a while back, and starting to use amber glass bottles. I believe that after a while the plastic bottles start to leach some chemicals into the contents, so would have to throw away the plastic after a while. Glass isn't that expensive and they can be washed and re-used indefinately. JMHO.

suzybdone

Nov 12, 2011
Virginia
I have a small business making soap and other essentials like lotion, creams, and such. So I have spent a LOT of time checking bottle suppliers for the best value and price. My go-to company is Specialty Bottle - Glass Bottles, Glass Jars, Tin Containers, Vials, Plastic Bottles, Plastic Jars for Food, Cosmetics, Candles and Aromatherapy. They have just about any size you need, in amber and cobalt blue. Some of the best prices, quick shipping, and good customer service. I've been using them for 8 years and have never received an incorrect order or a broken bottle. The best bit is that there is no minimum order and no handling fees so you can order 1 bottle or 1 case. Just all around good guys. BTW, amber 1/2 oz dripper cap bottle is $0.90 each.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
This is where I get my bottles from. As suzy said, a good company to deal with.

I have a small business making soap and other essentials like lotion, creams, and such. So I have spent a LOT of time checking bottle suppliers for the best value and price. My go-to company is Specialty Bottle - Glass Bottles, Glass Jars, Tin Containers, Vials, Plastic Bottles, Plastic Jars for Food, Cosmetics, Candles and Aromatherapy. They have just about any size you need, in amber and cobalt blue. Some of the best prices, quick shipping, and good customer service. I've been using them for 8 years and have never received an incorrect order or a broken bottle. The best bit is that there is no minimum order and no handling fees so you can order 1 bottle or 1 case. Just all around good guys. BTW, amber 1/2 oz dripper cap bottle is $0.90 each.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Just another reason to store in glass. I've found that the soft squeezable plastic bottles "breathe". You can actually smell flavorings in them. Just threw out a bunch b/c of that, they were a year old though. I figured if air is getting out, air is getting in and other stuff.

If purchasing nic liq to diy, definitely switch to glass, even if it is in the fridge. If you don't plan to use it all up soon, it will turn color fast in plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread