Will the Alpha Atomizer Interface fit on the UltraMax that came w/Res?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
i have an UltraMax w/Res. I am getting the hang on using it but I am finding that I prefer using cartos rather than attys. I tried a carto but find the draw is too hard when using the Res. I use IKV 510goldV2 cartos if that makes any difference.

What I would like to do is buy the Alpha Atomizer Interface ( Alpha Atomizer Interface: Your source for the best electronic cigarettes / personal vaporizers in the world. ) . Also need to know if it would be better to buy the Alpha Atomizer Interface with Switch ( Alpha Atomizer Interface with Switch: Your source for the best electronic cigarettes / personal vaporizers in the world. ) .

Would using the Interface rather than the Res make the draw on the cartos I use looser? The reason I like cartos better is because I seem to get more consistent flavor with them over attys for some reason. I have tried both 2.0 IKV attys and standard Joye attys and find the same thing with inconsistent flavor. It also seems like I'm not filling cartos as much as I do when using the Res for some reason. And yes I know I'm weird. :facepalm:

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Thanks, Noah. Just what I wanted to hear, I think. :laugh: Off to spend my daughter's and grandson's inheritance if I decide to go this route. I've still trying to get use to the Res before I make a final decision about getting the Atomizer Interface w/Switch.

Just put the Alpha in your will and the problem is solved, the warranty is transferable! :2cool:

Here is the link to the part: http://www.innovapor.com/apex-alpha-electronic-cigarettes/parts-accessories/cases-replacement-parts/alpha-replacement-parts/alpha-atomizer-interface-with

Just make sure to select the UltraMax, there is a selection box.

Cheers,

SH

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
rofl...I'm the only x-smoker turned vaper in the family. They all have been on my case for years now. She's happy I switched to e-cigs back in Sept. but now she's on my case about vaping. :laugh: I can't win for losing with her. She thinks she's my mama now.

The one line that always gets people off my case about that is... "Would you rather me go back to cigarettes?!

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Would using the Interface rather than the Res make the draw on the cartos I use looser?

The draw on the res is kinda the nature of the beast because of the way it works but I have totally gotten use to it with a carto in it. It was a lot tighter draw then I was used to but now after using it for while, I am thoroughly enjoying the draw. After you order the interface if you do not want to wait for it, there really is no issue that I have found with removing the res and just vaping a carto on the connector, it does not look the greatest because the threads are showing but it works fine for me until I get some extra money to buy the interface.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
That's funny, ata. I'll have to try that the next time. But you know, I don't think I would want to go back to smoking though. Although, I do miss it at times for some dumb reason.

I really think it's still the nic though. I started at 18mg and I'm down to 6mg and have been for a while now. Eventually I want do want to get down to 0 nic but don't know if I'll stop vaping then or not.

Edit: I just saw your 2nd post - I did try using a carto without the Res and that does work which is what I'm thinking of going that way. Plus I would then have a pv that I could use either way.

Last edited:

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
That's funny, ata. I'll have to try that the next time. But you know, I don't think I would want to go back to smoking though. Although, I do miss it at times for some dumb reason.

I really think it's still the nic though. I started at 18mg and I'm down to 6mg and have been for a while now. Eventually I want do want to get down to 0 nic but don't know if I'll stop vaping then or not.

I completely feel you, i never want to go back to those nasty things, i was a two pack a day camel light smoker and it was disgusting. I am glad to hear that you have made it so far down with the nic content, I give you props because I am still up at 24 and dont really have plans of lowering it unless something dramatic happens with my health or something. To be completely honest, I have a bad hip and am fairly young, my hip has really hindered what hobbies I used to have and vaping has become one of my two hobbies the other being pistol shooting. Anyways, I really do not think that I will ever quit vaping, the way I look at it, at least for now is that everyone has a vise whether they admit it or not and with all of the other addictions (not limited to cigs) the least of my worries is some nicotine. I am not trying to get you to continue so I hope it does not come across that way.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
I don't take it that you are trying to get me to continue using nic at all. I was a 40+ year smoker of Salem Ultra Lights of 1 to 1.5 packs a day depending on how the day went. I have tried quitting a few times over the years but this has been the longest I've gone without smoking. I tried the patch and turned into one big hive that took a year to go away. I lasted 6 months that time.

I completely understand the bad hip part. I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenois a couple of years ago and there are days I can't even take Ben the Dog for a walk around the block. He thinks as soon as he hears my electric tooth brush and then come down the stairs it's time for a walk. Unless it's raining because he hates water and will even walk around puddles. :laugh:

I worry about nic simply because of my blood pressure and age which is why I would like to get down to 0 nic. I think I'll get there eventually. I went to lunch with an old friend last Friday and after lunch we sat there and talked for over 2 hours without me getting ansy to vape. That really surprised me but showed that I can do it. Of course once I got to the car, I vaped up a storm. :laugh:

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I don't take it that you are trying to get me to continue using nic at all. I was a 40+ year smoker of Salem Ultra Lights of 1 to 1.5 packs a day depending on how the day went. I have tried quitting a few times over the years but this has been the longest I've gone without smoking. I tried the patch and turned into one big hive that took a year to go away. I lasted 6 months that time.

I completely understand the bad hip part. I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenois a couple of years ago and there are days I can't even take Ben the Dog for a walk around the block. He thinks as soon as he hears my electric tooth brush and then come down the stairs it's time for a walk. Unless it's raining because he hates water and will even walk around puddles. :laugh:

I worry about nic simply because of my blood pressure and age which is why I would like to get down to 0 nic. I think I'll get there eventually. I went to lunch with an old friend last Friday and after lunch we sat there and talked for over 2 hours without me getting ansy to vape. That really surprised me but showed that I can do it. Of course once I got to the car, I vaped up a storm. :laugh:
Good stuff, that is one thing that i wouldnt mind doing is cutting back how often I am suckin on this thing but I will take my time.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com

One thing you can try is get some 6mg and some 0mg and mix it 50/50. Then you would be down to 3mg. Try using that for a while until you get used to that. Then try either going straight to 0mg or even try mixing up some 3mg and mixing that again with 0mg and then you have 1.5mg. Doesn't sound like much or like it would do anything, but I have heard of one guy who did that and slowly but surely he got all the way down to 0mg and has never gone back to nic at all. Just my thoughts on how it might make it easier for you to switch to 0mg.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
That's how I got myself down to 6mg, TmeisT. I just haven't felt like cutting it down yet to 3ml but will eventually. I do have some 0 juice that I'm apt to vape during the late evening every so often.

Earlier this year I thought if I went back up to 12mg nic I would vape less. Didn't work and the juice tasted terrible. Didn't realize that nic has a taste. Went right back to 6mg. :laugh:

TmeisT, you sure get orders out fast. I ordered some standard joye attys yesterday morning and you had them out and on their way by last night. I've decided that I want to master using the Res at this time before getting the Atomizer Interface to use with cartos. I figure if I get the Interface then I'll have one pv for both styles.

The UltraMax is working out great as far as batt like and changing flavors in the Res. I charge the battery and rinse the Res just before I go to bed at night. Then it's already for the next day. The weight of the UltraMax with the battery in it feels good in my hand - not too big or too small. I really like the slide switch since I've gotten use to it. And I've even gotten use to the reverse threading.

The one area of improvement would be if the Res held more juice but it's easy enough to add juice to it. But I am getting so I can tell when it's time to add a few drops so that I don't "grow scales on my throat" with the dry hits.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
That's how I got myself down to 6mg, TmeisT. I just haven't felt like cutting it down yet to 3ml but will eventually. I do have some 0 juice that I'm apt to vape during the late evening every so often.

Earlier this year I thought if I went back up to 12mg nic I would vape less. Didn't work and the juice tasted terrible. Didn't realize that nic has a taste. Went right back to 6mg. :laugh:

TmeisT, you sure get orders out fast. I ordered some standard joye attys yesterday morning and you had them out and on their way by last night. I've decided that I want to master using the Res at this time before getting the Atomizer Interface to use with cartos. I figure if I get the Interface then I'll have one pv for both styles.

The UltraMax is working out great as far as batt like and changing flavors in the Res. I charge the battery and rinse the Res just before I go to bed at night. Then it's already for the next day. The weight of the UltraMax with the battery in it feels good in my hand - not too big or too small. I really like the slide switch since I've gotten use to it. And I've even gotten use to the reverse threading.

The one area of improvement would be if the Res held more juice but it's easy enough to add juice to it. But I am getting so I can tell when it's time to add a few drops so that I don't "grow scales on my throat" with the dry hits.

Yes I think that is something that is in the works is a bigger RES. Its true though that once you get a feel for it you can tell right away when you need to add more juice before you get a dry hit. Just takes some practice and fine tuning. LIke I was telling somebody else, I have my ultralite down so well that I can tell exactly which drag my battery is going to die on. I have just used it so much that I get a certain feeling right before it dies and now I can identify that feeling on the spot. Its nice. Glad to hear you are liking the ultramax now. And as for shipping, its one of my top priorities to get things shipped same day. I always hate it when you order something online, they charge your card, and then it doesnt ship for a week. That really urkes me. So I personally do everything I can to make sure your orders go out same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread