Will these batts work with Buzz Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
I just ordered a Buzz Pro from Liberty Flights (UK). I'm thrilled, can't wait, stalking mailman etc.

But these batteries - will they work?: Cytac RCR123 3.7V batteries with PCB - sold as a pair
I haven't found any reviews / mention of them here at ECF towers.

I'm aware that the Powerizers (rcr123a 3.7v) are the way to go, but can't find someone who sells them in Europe.

Any help much appreciated.

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
You might be able to slide a business card in the tube if you have a rattle. Some of done it and that took care of any more rattle.

Congratulations....you're going to love your Buzz Pro.

The Buzz Army rolls forward......:thumb: Buzz Army Tank.jpg

mamamia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Germany
Arbogast, I've been using these batteries with great success ... and their runtime is a bit longer than of the blue ones:

TrustFire 16340 880mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Though they come from HongKong, I had no problem having them shipped to Germany - if you stick with the limit your country sets to how much you can import legally and free of charge, they will even be delivered door-to-door... be prepared however for about 4 weeks delivery time! In Germany we can import things freely if the value of the merchandise does not exceed 22 Euros .... don't know about Norway's regulations. But you can easily find out with a short google search, customs normally publish their rules and regulations publicly.

The Powerizers are of course the better choice with a runtime around twice the time of the flamed trustfires. But if you can't get them, the ones I linked you to are the second best option! :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Arbogast, I've been using these batteries with great success ... and their runtime is a bit longer than of the blue ones:

TrustFire 16340 880mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Though they come from HongKong, I had no problem having them shipped to Germany - if you stick with the limit your country sets to how much you can import legally and free of charge, they will even be delivered door-to-door... be prepared however for about 4 weeks delivery time! In Germany we can import things freely if the value of the merchandise does not exceed 22 Euros .... don't know about Norway's regulations. But you can easily find out with a short google search, customs normally publish their rules and regulations publicly.

The Powerizers are of course the better choice with a runtime around twice the time of the flamed trustfires. But if you can't get them, the ones I linked you to are the second best option! :)
That's what I've been using but after they give up I'm going to try some of those 1000mah Mike mentioned.

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
Thanks to everyone in this thread. I'm grateful for all your advice / experience / thoughts.

In case others might need this info: The batts I linked to work fine - no cardboard or spring stretching needed.

I don't know what battery life I'll get yet. Will update when I get a feel for it (haven't got the equipment needed for testing batteries, if I did, I wouldn't know where to start)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
For run time, I always just go by how many ml of eliquid I use between battery changes, at about how many volts and watts. (equally, at about how many volts and what's the resistance of the carto or atty).

With the powerizers I tend to run 6 - 7 ml of eliquid, about 4.5V/8W with a 2.5 ohm cartomizer, about 1.8 amp current draw. When I use a 3.1 ohm carto, I tend to run just slightly warmer, up toward 5.1 or so V, a bit over 8W, about 1.7A. I'm pretty consistent in watts and current draw, so not surprised that I'm getting pretty run time results.

I might get slightly longer run time with the higher resistance cartos, but not enough to care about. I like the 2.5 ohm fusion performance enough with my eliquid that I'm happy to trade a little absolute runtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread