Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I had my usual glass of wine (a nice, dark Malbec) at dinner tonight. Unusually, I still had half a glass left at the end of dinner. Well, we can't waste good wine, right? So I drank some more with the chocolate bar that I had for dessert--most dark reds go well with chocolate. This went very well with the Malbec.

Then I took a hit off my vape. Coconut. Does NOT go well with red wine. It also stays with you for a while. I switched to vanilla, then black currant. I finished my wine. The coconut taste was almost gone, and the black currant went well with the wine's aftertaste.

So there's my first wine/vape pairing. Malbec with black currant.

Does anybody else have a favorite wine/vape pairing?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Does a wine vape count? I'd imagine coconut would have gone better with a white.
1562736789300787981145.jpg

Reactions: smacuser

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
We tend to drink a bottle on the weekends and over the years I haven't found any of my vapes that haven't went well with our fav reds. Perhaps because we mainly vape kind of flavored net tobacco's and not sweet fruity or ice creamy flavors, but it's all pretty much the same, all my juices taste equally as good paired with wine

CublalaLand

Moved On
Jun 26, 2019
My beverage of choice is a lime/raspberry daquiri constituted with 151 rum. I mostly vape fruit flavors, so it all washes down evenly. I've always found wine to be disgusting, and beer only slightly less so. I drank beer for a few years, but there's not return from learning to mix a proper drink. Might as well have grape-stained toes.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
My insides burn just thinking about that.

*edit* Wait a minute! Your everclear is only 151 proof? Ours down in Georgia is 190 or something if memory serves.
I caught that too! I wonder if they have a light grain alcohol law or something where he lives. "Absolutely no more than 75.5% alcohol, or else societal ruin shall ensue!!!"

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I would prefer a fine clear VG vape without flavoring, I want nothing between my refined palate and a properly aged Ripple Red.
Interesting fact: vintners have been known to add glycerine to red wines to achieve fuller body and mouthfeel. On the order of 1oz per 5 gallons. As good as vape flavors can be, they don't hold a candle to fine dining, so unflavored VG would be my choice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread