winter is coming... is your e-cig ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmatter22

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
in the MEDIUm
www.liquimatter.com
is there anything you halft to do over the winter time when vaping?
im sure its an icey cold vapor that chills your mouth.
anything to be worried about? does e-liquid freeze?
will my atty burn out because its converting ,low temp eliquid to a vapor?
my 801 will be spending prolonged hours in the cold over the winter and i dono what to look for if there is anything to be worried about.
thanxz guyz!
bumpit.gif

Mo JJC

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Illinois, USA
I work snow removal. At 4 am one night I happened to look at the temp and it was pegged at -20. The pop in my outer coat pocket was slush. I was smoking then and had to keep my lighter in my bra to keep it warm enough to work. I have the e-cig on an eyeglass cord around my neck and I am hoping it will work in those conditions this winter. any oldtimers that had one last winter?

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
is there anything you halft to do over the winter time when vaping?
im sure its an icey cold vapor that chills your mouth.
anything to be worried about? does e-liquid freeze?
will my atty burn out because its converting ,low temp eliquid to a vapor?
my 801 will be spending prolonged hours in the cold over the winter and i dono what to look for if there is anything to be worried about.
thanxz guyz!
bumpit.gif

Propylene glycol is an environmentally-friendly antifreeze (note that antifreeze = low freezing point, not liquid evil!), so i don't think you have any reason to worry about your juice freezing!

As far as the vapor being colder: your e-liquid has to be heated up to 40-60 degrees in order to vaporize, so the temp. of the vapor will be the same. If, hypothetically, it is unnaturally cold enough for your vapor to cool before it gets into your mouth (highly unlikely), it will simply turn back into a liquid; once the vapor gets to your mouth, your body temp will keep it warm enough to be a vapor.

As for the performance of the batteries and atomizers, i have no idea! Although if you do have any problems getting it to work, holding it in your fist to keep it warm should do the trick.

Mo JJC

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Illinois, USA
I did a shearch for "winter" I think we are going to have problems :( http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/4483-cold-start-morning.html
Wow it's cold here in the UK in the morning.

I left my e-cig and liquid in the car overnight as I don't tend to vape at home that much.

When I got in my car and tried to take a draw it was very hard to get any vapour. I looked at my ecig and there was a very thin film of condensation which looked like it had frosted all around the atomiser.

The performance is rubbish on the atomiser now, have switched to my spare. Hope the cold hasn't damaged it !

My bottle of VG was really thick and sludgy and no amount of squeezing would make it come out.

My TW liquid was fine though.

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Thanks Misty. BTW when you smoked, did you ever have trouble w/ your lighter needing to be warmed up before it would work?

Mo:) ..Nope..apparently it needs to be -150C for lighter fluid to freeze..which I hope to the heavens never happens!8-o
Mind you it could of taken a few flicks to get it going but that's cause my fingers were frozen as well as my mouth!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread