Wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I started vaping to cut down on cigs. Worked great! Went from 1 pack a day to half a pack. Had some issues with my devices, coils, ect but have worked that all out now. Tommorrow morning will be first without my morning cig (that's when I really need one the most) Have been down to 4 to 5 a day... ran out and decided I am ready. This won't be easy! Wish me luck.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Good luck buddy. For me it was mostly in the head. Once I convinced myself that i'm going to be a non smoker, the rest just followed. Not easy in the beginning...it truelly tests the character, but once you're through it, you're a much better person for it. Once again Good luck :thumbs:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You Don't Need Luck vaper1960.

Luck is for People who Don't have a Plan. You have a Plan. And you have spent some Time to Figure Things Out.

You're Going to Make It.

So just Laugh when the Urges Hit. And then Pick Up your Mod and take a Nice Big Hit.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I did realize I need to keep the battery charged (before I would plug in charger and have a cig while waiting) Yes, it's hard. I like my 12 mg nicotine (started out with 18) Have perfected my MTL technique... small drags and slow exhale including through my nose. Very relaxing. Using Aspire PockeX, have 5 new 1.2 ohm coils and 60ml bottle of juice (Naked tobacco flavor, 12 mg nicotine 65vg/45pg... not too sweet and has nice caramel flavor) I broke down just now and re-rolled some partial cig butts... tasted nasty and I hate myself. Going out to "vape like heck". It will taste even better after that nasty thing I rolled.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    So much of quitting is mind games. I quit by telling myself vaping WAS smoking - it was exactly the same, just tasted better.

Don't beat yourself up over the butts, there's a ton of other crap in cigarettes that make them so hard to give up. Maybe have a look at WTA liquids - here's a link explaining them.

Once you get through your first smoke-free it becomes easier. The first week will suck major monkey balls, but you get through it with high nic ejuice, possibly wta ejuice and chain vaping your .... off.

If the pockex is your only device - I can't recommend enough getting a second. It only takes one malfunction, and you end up back on the cigs.

For MTL have a look at the Innokin Zenith/Kroma-a starter kit or the Aspire Zelos 2/Nautilus 2s kit,

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    I have to agree with @AngeNZ, get yourself a backup.
    When I was finally able to give up the cigarettes, I finished the open pack I had and refused to buy another. I chain vaped like crazy for the first week. I have faith that you will be able to get over that first cigarette in the morning. I wish you well in your vaping lifestyle. Oh, I still have a tendency to chain vape even after not having a cigarette for over 4 years. lol

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Welcome and good luck! I think you will be fine, really. If you experience The Troubles, come back and talk about them.

Get a backup vape, yes? I'm quite sure you didn't have just ONE cigarette hanging about the house, you had backups for your cigarettes, I'm quite sure. Do yourself a favor and get a backup vape.

Anna

F-machine

ECF Veteran
    Nov 24, 2018
    Trapped in Asia
    Just don't think about it too much.. That's what I did. Think about your vape stash running out, not your cigs running out. For me, I realized I didn't smoke anymore before I knew it. I think I still have a pack of cigs somewhere but I don't mind it much. Do you coffee? That helps a lot for satisfying the morning buzz cravings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread