Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Another thread got me thinking about this, maybe, just maybe they will hear and listen to us?

I've had a problem with the Theorem rta, the stainless cover came off the glass tank under tap water and I've had one of the glass tanks crack after three days of use.
Reading through this thread, Theorem RTA I'm hearing a lot of people having issues with the glass tanks, so it's just not me!
Anything else you want to bring up? Maybe our voices will be heard, maybe not, but at least we can vent!

Reactions: Heartsdelight

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
thats not reassuring at all. I was looking forward to receiving this thing and tinkering with it.

So the metal / glass tank is just glued together? Can you still use it if it comes apart?

I've not found a way. The top cap isn't large enough to capture it, so it just slides right off. Another member said the glass on the SS tank was thinner, that's why it cracked. I measured it with calipers, and it's the same dimensions as the other tanks.
I've been told to super glue it, but would have the same problems with tap water. Any epoxy I can thing of is going to make a mess of it. So yeah, not real happy!
I got the tank Fri, dropped it on gravel Fri night, worked fine, dropped it on concrete Sat, worked fine. Went to change out juice Mon, SS tank came off. About 15 min into vaping I hear a "ting"! I look, cracked from top to bottom!
In the thread I linked, two other members had the glass just shatter in their hands while trying to get it off to clean in. Both had gloves on, so no injuries, but it's on way too hard. There's no need for that type of a fit, not to be so much to shatter the glass!

Reactions: Heartsdelight

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Not sure what you are trying to address with the Metal section.
No Glue should be used. it is just a snug fit and centers by pressing the Top/Base into place.
I have a Similar(RDA) setup on a Bottom feed mod.
The issue running under water is ........well.........not. Keep finger over the edges to Not lose the glass or, running warm water over it, slip the glass out for cleaning.

After watching a Pre-release Video, I see they Claim an update to Solid Metal/Glass section. Not sure what they think will Glue Glass:ohmy: Kanger has been unsuccessful at it for years.:facepalm:

Not sure about the Glass splitting, but I'd speculate 2x Drop trauma may have effected it.

As to just Breaking,
I've read plenty of reports of people Breaking Kanger subtank and Smok TFV4 Glass... so not so uncommon an issue. Not so long ago, I Shattered a brand new Glass for a Carto tank while assembling. Just a touch to much pressure.:(

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Not sure what you are trying to address with the Metal section.
No Glue should be used. it is just a snug fit and centers by pressing the Top/Base into place.
I have a Similar(RDA) setup on a Bottom feed mod.
The issue running under water is ........well.........not. Keep finger over the edges to Not lose the glass or, running warm water over it, slip the glass out for cleaning.

After watching a Pre-release Video, I see they Claim an update to Solid Metal/Glass section. Not sure what they think will Glue Glass:ohmy: Kanger has been unsuccessful at it for years.:facepalm:

Not sure about the Glass splitting, but I'd speculate 2x Drop trauma may have effected it.

As to just Breaking,
I've read plenty of reports of people Breaking Kanger subtank and Smok TFV4 Glass... so not so uncommon an issue. Not so long ago, I Shattered a brand new Glass for a Carto tank while assembling. Just a touch to much pressure.:(

UV cured epoxy is the only glue that will work well on SS/borosilicate glass.
Wisemec and Kanger should consult a skilled hippy glassblower.
Im not kidding.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
UV cured epoxy is the only glue that will work well on SS/borosilicate glass.
Wisemec and Kanger should consult a skilled hippy glassblower.
Im not kidding.
Ha, that's funny Ninja. I happened to pass by a place today that offers glass blowing lessons. So if vaping goes away, I'll go learn how to blow glass.;)

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Had the glass chipped or cracked on one of the drops, or even broken on one of the drops, fine, I'll eat it. But to randomly break two days later?
As for the other breaks, no drops were reported, just trying to get the glass off to clean the inside for a juice change and they broke. So, no, it's not just me!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
And there's documentaries of the rise of these glass blowers available on Netflix.

When hippies get serious...

o_O

Tapatyped
The top glass artists in the world make pipes.
;)
Thats where the money is.
( not much money, but its better than trying to sell $100 marbles)

Headinthecloud

Apr 20, 2016
Dallas
Not about the theorem as I haven't had any issues like others have... but I do have a Wismec complaint.

The indestructible. I love this atty but mine has a defect somewhere and I can't figure out where. One side always heats up faster than the other. And not only does it heat up faster but it gets hotter. I always have one dry wick and one slightly wet wick. And before anyone says it's my coils or their leads, it's not. I have tried probably 50+ builds on this thing and I am not a noob. I know how to build, i understand all the components. And it's always the same side that heats up too fast. So I took the thing apart and looked at the pin and the peek insulator, both looked fine but something told me to try changing out the screws on the side that was heating too slow. I did and it started to work like it's supposed to! Hooray! But no....

About a week later it started happening again. Something is causing these screws to have problems and I can't figure it out. Makes no sense to me. You can even see in my profile pic that one coil is blue and the other isnt and thats because of the uneven heating.

I couldn't contact the vendor to do anything because i got it on ebay and it's well past the window of the seller addressing issues with the product. So I contacted Wismec. They had some lady from their marketing department answering questions about support. Why would a marketing person be trying to answer technical questions? Sigh. You know what her response to me was? "You must use the right batteries. You need long draining batteries".... um.... yeah, i know. I use high drain batteries. So I sent her a video of the problem along with a pic of my batteries and her response was "call the vendor".... so that was pointless and a waste of time contacting them. So I sent Jaybo a message on instagram but he never replied (not surprised though.)

I love what Wismec has been making lately, especially in collaboration with Jaybo. But I wish they made higher quality stuff. I'd pay more for stuff made with better components. It's frustrating that their service@wismec.com email address is being answered by their marketing department. And they don't even speak english. they copy/paste from google translate, so there is a bit of a language barrier.

Sorry for the long rant. I do love my wismec products (yeah noisy cricket!!) I just want better service from them.

mcattardo

Feb 24, 2016
NH
I bought 2 Theorems and also have issues with 1 of them splitting glass. The first time the glass broke when my girlfriend tried taking it off to re wick. She left it for me. Her replacement glass was crazy tight. Lubing the o rings helped slightly, but the glass broke as soon as I got it on.
Tried again with my spare glass, it lasted less than a day and split.
The sleeved replacement was tight but worked until I heard from the vender that wants me to ship it back for inspection.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Been a lot more reports of this glass issue recently, seems about one or two a day on here.
I finally got a reply from Wismec,

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.
We will reflect it to our related staff.
Have a nice day.
Name goes here.

I replied telling them to check out the "Theorem" thread here on ECF. I'm not very optimistic.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Just got another lovely email back from them, basically the same thing and I'm still their "friend"? But they are going to report to the resolving party or some such.
Tooled around youtube, not feeling well and can't sleep, and found several reviewers that had the broken glass issue. It's rather disheartening to say the least. I guess an Avocado is now on my short list if I want to continue using an atty like this.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Just got another lovely email back from them, basically the same thing and I'm still their "friend"? But they are going to report to the resolving party or some such.
Tooled around youtube, not feeling well and can't sleep, and found several reviewers that had the broken glass issue. It's rather disheartening to say the least. I guess an Avocado is now on my short list if I want to continue using an atty like this.
:( Feel better. My thoughts exactly in regards to the Theorem.

Reactions: sawlight

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
Iv had mine for a few days with absolutely 0 issues. I mean why would anyone expect glass to not break when dropped? I find it hilarious when people get upset when their mods or atties break when dropped. I would like to hear exactly in detail how people are breaking the glass when removing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
bf92c92c37ac78de13e30546ac5ad43a.jpg

So instead of just being a jerk maybe I can help I take apart fragile expensive things for a living. What your gonna wanna do is leave the top cap on as that should give the glass more support. Next your gonna wanna get your nail or a business card or a credit card in between the ss base and the glass. Now rotate it around while pulling on the glass. Eventually it comes out. Hopefully that can help people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Again, it didn't break upon being dropped, it broke two days later. Again there have been many other reports of the glass breaking just taking it off and putting it back on. There is an issue with them, and it's not just me.
As I said above, had it broken when I dropped it, I get it. But it had no chips or cracks and wasn't until I took it apart to clean it that it all started going sideways. The SS cover should NOT have come off under tap water, then the tank just randomly crack fifteen min later?
Read the last few pages of the "Theorem" thread in the RTA section of this forum, there are many reports of glass breaking. Check youtube, again, there are many reviewers having problems with the glass breaking, assembling and disassembling them, without dropping them.
Please read the whole thread before coming to a quick assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread