Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm a complete squonking newbie, and I've been looking at the pico squeeze 2 or for something regulated that has the same low profile

Interested in what the 'experts' ;) think of this new mod (apart from the colour choices :rolleyes:)

Wismec Luxotic Surface 80w

wismec-luxotic-surface-kit-01-768x512.jpg

• Size: 78*43.5*25.5mm
    • Weight: 131.8g
    • Thread type: 510 spring loaded connector
    • e-liquid bottle capacity: 6.5ml
    • Cell type: high-rate 18650 cell (discharging current should be above 25A)
    • Output mode: VW/Bypass/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
    • Output wattage: 1-80W
    • Resistance range: 0.05-3.5ohm
    • Output voltage range: 0.5-9V
    WISMEC-Luxotic-Surface-80W-Squonk-TC-MOD_04_ca6b13.jpg

wismec-luxotic-surface-kit-02-768x512.jpg

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    I have to say the colours and looks of that one rule it out for me!

I have a Pico Squeeze which I like very much as a squonk box, but again and this is probably just me, I find the atomiser that came with it just too airy for me and so I ended up using it with my favourite Little Origen.

Good luck with whatever you end up choosing and do write about ir for us.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Looks like a proprietary bottle. Do the other Luxotic squonks use a proprietary bottle as well? Two things are always troubling to me with squonks, special bottles (the Squeeze 2 is guilty as well) and limited battery selection to 18650s for regulated squonks. It's just nice these days to have options. Not that 18650s are bad, we all use them in most of our stuff, but other options are becoming more popular, especially for a single battery mod.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Do the other Luxotic squonks use a proprietary bottle as well?
    Yes my unregulated luxotic has a proprietary bottle. Don't know about this one. The bottle is a bit on the hard side but I got used to it, and it works very well for me.
    As to the 18650...I get 204 puffs from it (30Q). From a 21700 (30T) I get 264.
    I had to get a bigger case to store the 21700... also another charger. Only two of my mods fits 21700, and I get the same performance from my 18650 mods for my style of vaping.
    I was so hyped to get the 21700s, but lately they, their charger and the mods don't see much use anymore. For their bulk I expected more TBH.
    It depends on your style I suppose, but for me....I prefer the ol 18650 jammies....:p

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    The proprietary bottle thingy is easily solved doing the hack that Mikevapes has on utube.
    I got used to it and ordered me a five pack spare of them for when needed some day.
    I know about the hack,I prefer to keep my mods as is when purchased. That's why when I read anything that has proprietary on a mod,I skip over it.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I know about the hack,I prefer to keep my mods as is when purchased. That's why when I read anything that has proprietary on a mod,I skip over it.
    Agreed. I think most people that knows vaping, are like that...I know I am. With the mechanical Luxotic i'm glad I overcame my apprehension. It has become my favourite squonk mod because its so user friendly and lies perfectly in the hand. The bottle "hardness issue" is all but forgotten now.
    As a interest...the bottles aren't proprietary. The pico squeeze uses the same. I got myself a 10 pack...still don't know why :unsure:

• Love
    Reactions: AngeNZ

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Hopefully no leaking on these. Did anybody else notice that the display, controls, and menus look like the same as the Pico Squeeze 2?
    Yes, looks like they are using the same "Avatar Controls" board as the Eleaf.
    Not surprising, as Wismec, Eleaf, are under the same umbrella company Joytech.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    We're gonna have the ugliest squonkers in NZ :rolleyes:
    True :lol:
    This one isn't to bad though. Still better to keep it on the farm...don't take it to town :p
    20190421_143144.jpg
    but i'll change mine out with the paua one I have...or maybe paint it black :D
    20190421_142924.jpg

But in the end I really don't care what it looks like. The design I know is perfect in the hand and now with the new bottle and that its regulated, its the perfect package for me.

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    True :lol:
    This one isn't to bad though. Still better to keep it on the farm...don't take it to town :p
    View attachment 810451 but i'll change mine out with the paua one I have...or maybe paint it black :D
    View attachment 810455
    But in the end I really don't care what it looks like. The design I know is perfect in the hand and now with the new bottle and that its regulated, its the perfect package for me.

Yeah, I could care less - love the paua panels however :wub:

• Agree
    Reactions: Fredman1

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Yes, looks like they are using the same "Avatar Controls" board as the Eleaf.
    Not surprising, as Wismec, Eleaf, are under the same umbrella company Joytech.

It also looks identical to the board in the Joyetech Ultex tube mod. If it is the same board, that’s a big plus. I picked up an Ultex kit with the Cubis Max tank a short while ago (can’t resist clearance sections) and the mod has been performing way better than I expected in TC mode.

The RDTA is also borrowing from the Joyetech Cubis Max – seems to be using the same heater plate as the Cubis Max tank. If so, another plus – the Cubis Max has also been a pleasant surprise in performance, although it is very fussy as to cotton density. Not sure if the design of the RDTA will mitigate or amplify the cotton density fussiness.

I had written this off when I first saw it since my Luxotic unreg has not been my favorite. But it’s now back on my 'might need to get this' list provided a good price can be had.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread