Wismec RX Gen 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
just wanted to update everyone on my Rx after one month of heavy use the paint seems to chip pretty easy but overall I really like this mod it's my daily beater and has stood up to some abuse
IMG_20171106_182159.jpg
IMG_20171106_182151.jpg
IMG_20171106_182207.jpg

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
So I just Artic Foxed mine and wow what a difference!
So much more information. Clearer lay out. More precise operation. And I can FINALLY get that OLED display to time out quickly.

I would not be surprised if battery life shows a 20% improvement. I'm using the circle menu vs the classic layout.

Defiantly going to continue to tweek the functions more. But so far I really am impressed.

Most of all I wish all of you a most thankful thanksgiving. I am thankful for this community for the guidance it showed me when I was a wee vape rookie.

Last edited:

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
So I just Artic Foxed mine and wow what a difference!
So much more information. Clearer lay out. More precise operation. And I can FINALLY get that OLED display to time out quickly.

I would not be surprised if battery life shows a 20% improvement. I'm using the circle menu vs the classic layout.

Defiantly going to continue to tweek the functions more. But so far I really am impressed.

Most of all I wish all of you a most thankful thanksgiving. I am thankful for this community for the guidance it showed me when I was a wee vape rookie.
Yeah arctic Fox is awesome on the Gen 3

Reactions: Buckeyevapen

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
One week in with my mine and all good so far.
It's comfortable, well built and very small considering it has three 18650s. I run an RDA on it at 68 watts and I get days of battery life which is awesome for a mod that's smaller than most two or even some single battery mods.
The only bit that concerns me is the screen which feels like it would not survive a good drop.

The issues with heat are directly related to it's size, some people really want their cake and to be able to eat it. If you really have run at 100 + watts then get a bulkier mod to absorb and dissipate the heat.
I got mine for $42 delivered which is a bargain. I would recommend it to any VW user frustrated by short battery run times, and doesn't mind a meaty heft.

As I understand there are issues with TC, but I don't care because I don't use it.
Anthony Vapes attributes the poor TC performance the decision to ground through the body rather than a dedicated wire from the 510. I would imagine that this was done for pricing reasons as the later requires additional manual assembly. Remember this is a CHEAP mod (cake again). Even though TC is now a relatively mature tech and is included with virtually every mod, it is still a finicky technology not well suited to budget equipment.

Smok and others would have you believe you can have a mod that looks great, lasts forever, does everything including 1.21 Gigawatts and costs pennies. The real world does not function like that.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
about 4 month's in with mine as my daily beater and everything is holding up very well (fire button, battery door etc)except the paint but im getting a skin for it soon. still running arctic fox on it. there is another custom firmwere out there for it too i will post a link if anybodys interested

Reactions: Fullknight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread