Wismec Sinous V80 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
Strange issue with this mod. I use only power mode and it randomly just doesn't want to give power. I press fire button and vape, get very little or no vapor all, try again and vapes normally. Almost like temp control set very low temp.
No error messages on the screen, so the fire button works but for some reason very low power randomly. It does it 2 times out of 10 times.

I flashed latest firmware, no effect. Sadly not compatible with Arctic Fox.
Tried with many batteries and tanks.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Strange issue with this mod. I use only power mode and it randomly just doesn't want to give power. I press fire button and vape, get very little or no vapor all, try again and vapes normally. Almost like temp control set very low temp.
No error messages on the screen, so the fire button works but for some reason very low power randomly. It does it 2 times out of 10 times.

I flashed latest firmware, no effect. Sadly not compatible with Arctic Fox.
Tried with many batteries and tanks.
I've had exactly the same problem with mine since day 1. It's a dodgy, underpowered board. Mine does work kind of ok with builds above about 0.6 Ohms and below 40W but not consistently.

I kept mine because I love the look of it.

There are so many good single 18650 mods on the market now - maybe you should move on.

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
I've had exactly the same problem with mine since day 1. It's a dodgy, underpowered board.
Ok I kind of suspected that. But I also remembered that some Wismec mods had issues with battery door connection or something that could be fixable, but apparently not.

It's a brand new one, was on sale somewhere for 11$ so not a big deal.
It's very light and small pocketable mod, I like it but I guess it goes to the bin.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Didn't notice any firing issues with mine (running low watts and high resistance) but I binned mine because the device drained the battery beyond redemption after being left for 3 days. Just a very badly designed board. Has put me off all Wismec devices. Too much style and not enough substance.

• Informative
Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
It is compatible with arctic fox.
Thé V80 exists with two boards, one Nuvoton (the standard one with standard AF firmware update) and the other with STM32 chipset.
Search for STM32 in AF boards and you'll find what you need.
Mine works great with STM32 arcticfox version.
And finally TC is working flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread