Status
Not open for further replies.

incineradma

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Midwest
www.myspace.com
So, unscrewing the battery of my DSE901 from the charger

It seems that the insides of the battery have come out, remain in the charger, and the chrome exterior is in my hand.

Anyone know how to get the battery out? Does this make any logical sense or is the most likely situation that the battery melted into it (hasn't been on for more than a few hrs)
Is there a way to put it back together or must I buy a new batt?
Will I have to replace the charger?

=(

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
So, unscrewing the battery of my DSE901 from the charger

It seems that the insides of the battery have come out, remain in the charger, and the chrome exterior is in my hand.

Anyone know how to get the battery out? Does this make any logical sense or is the most likely situation that the battery melted into it (hasn't been on for more than a few hrs)
Is there a way to put it back together or must I buy a new batt?
Will I have to replace the charger?

=(

hi incineradma,

i've seen this problem posted before but never had it happen to me.
first obviously, make sure the charger is unplugged.
depending on what's hanging out, you may be able to use the chrome (?) tube to grip the connector by pushing it back against the connector and unscrewing at the same time. if it's too smooth/slippery, a piece of tape might add enough "grip" to unscrew it.

(i'm assuming it's a stainless 901 when you say chrome)

i believe one explanation for this happening was the glue wasn't adequate where the body meets the connector.

as far as putting it back together? i wouldn't bother, but that's me.
if it's under warranty i'd contact the supplier and try to get the battery and charger replaced.

please be careful.

incineradma

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Midwest
www.myspace.com
hi incineradma,

i've seen this problem posted before but never had it happen to me.
first obviously, make sure the charger is unplugged.
depending on what's hanging out, you may be able to use the chrome (?) tube to grip the connector by pushing it back against the connector and unscrewing at the same time. if it's too smooth/slippery, a piece of tape might add enough "grip" to unscrew it.

(i'm assuming it's a stainless 901 when you say chrome)

i believe one explanation for this happening was the glue wasn't adequate where the body meets the connector.

as far as putting it back together? i wouldn't bother, but that's me.
if it's under warranty i'd contact the supplier and try to get the battery and charger replaced.

please be careful.

Yeah wasn't really sure how to search for a topic like this XD

Well it's acTually my fiancé that has found it broken, I let him take it home with him tonight, and I hope he isn't stupid enough to leave it plugged in. I told him twice, haha. But yeah I don't know how broken it was from what he described I assumed something huge had come out but if it's just the battery hmm. Unfortunately it's not under warranty anymore. But at least I won't have to buy another charger and I can use my other battery tomorrow.. for a while =( Don't wanna buy reg cigs.

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread