AW 18650 not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdz2040

Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
New Jersey Philly
just posted this in the Newbie section and someone pointed me here for some possible answers.

I let a buddy of mine borrow one of my AW 18650 batts for his first gen Zmax and i just got it back. put it in the charger and its about the fifth hour on the charger(trustfire TR-001) and the light has yet to turn green.

Now prior to lending the battery it only took about 3-4 hrs to charge, and i typically charge my batts right when i feel they need them of when my Vamo v2 told me the charge was low. So knowing how my friend is i know he didnt charge the battery right away when it was low and let the battery sit in the pv for a week or two.

on another note the two batteries he got with his Zmax, which are the blue unprotected batts i believe are both not charging either. So is this a sign that my AW is now dead too and unable to recharge? i dont know too much about batteries yet but i do know that over discharging them and over charging can be damaging to the battery. Could this be a chase of over charging/discharging? is there any hope for my AW or should i just let it go and buy a new one, or get another charger?

Im also questioning his Zmax, i feel that based on how his blue 18650s turned out that it could be possible that it may be over discharging any batteries put or left inside when not in use or not turned off.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
This Trustfire charger is slow. There's nothing wrong with this. The slower they charge, the better for the batteries IMO but it doesn't have to be this slow.

Here's a review of the charger.

From the review, charging 3400 mAh batteries in this charger takes about 19 hours if they are pretty much discharged. So, if your batteries are 1700 mAh (half) it would take 8 hours (half).

It's also a really bottom of the line charger. I would get a new one that's better and put this one aside as a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread