The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Woah!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Tinkiegrrl, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tinkiegrrl

Tinkiegrrl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    Built my first sub-ohm dual coil in a dripper. Now I see why people need to drop their nic levels. Got a Tobh clone just to give sub ohming a whirl, since I got my first genuine mech. Did 8 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal on a 1/16 drill bit. Came to .62 ohms. Tried it on my new Leraia Hydra and my stingray clone. I can't believe the thick clouds. I've never been a cloud chaser, and dripping isn't convenient for my work schedule, but I'm definitely going to have fun with this's at home. Now, to find a way to rewick quickly so I can change flavors quickly.....

2. JKnight5

JKnight5 Senior Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Louisville ky
    Re-wicking is pretty easy. Take the rda off of the mod, cut the old wicking and remove it so you don't mess up your build, dry burn the coils a few times, then run water over the coil itself, and it'll be clean again. Put in new cotton, and drip away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tinkiegrrl

Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    I know how to rewick. Just wish I didn't have to rinse and everything. I think I need more drippers...

4. dbrandt01

dbrandt01 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Alabama
    I second that above, I did a review for a sample pack. I'd just change the cotton out. No more than 2-3 minutes and be ready for the next review. I'm not a cloud chaser by any means, but I just enjoy the flavor I get. Although I'm using 28g and I'm down to .32 ohms.

5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    You don't have to rinse at all if you don't want to. At least I don't. I just dry burn, add new wick & vape. I'll change the whole coil out before rinsing. Coil is too cheap to save with water.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

6. WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    I just dry the wicks out fairly well and rejuice with new flavor---I do it over and over again....all night long....re-rinse LOL. Dry burn---yea, eventually...a half a bowl and the new flavor is full bore....The semi mixing of flavors is awesome imo. Just drip baby drip:headbang:

7. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I dripped with a Trident dual coil setup for quite a while and never did anything when I changed juices. I actually got right into mixing things on the fly. Used to vape with 3 or 4 different juices and mixed a few drops of this and a few of that to get the flavor combination.

I used small cotton wicks that don't hold a lot of juice and the old juice clears out pretty quickly.

Have fun with it and vape on.

8. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I don't bother with the rinsing. I just pull out the old wick. If there's a bit of juice left in the base, I just dab it with a q tip. Put in a new wick, and go.

9. Blackboar

Blackboar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    I use to rinse my RDA's during wick changes, but now I just yank the old out, dry burn, and slap the new in. I'll give them a good cleaning after about every 3rd wick change. Also, if I'm vaping similar flavors, I'll just vape until the cotton is relatively dry, then just drip the new juice in. No wick change. If in going something completely different, like dessert to citrus, I'll rewick.

Have fun! I'm really enjoy on my TOBH clone as well.

10. dbrandt01

dbrandt01 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Alabama
    I'll second all those above me, I forgot to mention it, I don't rinse either. Take the cotton out, make sure there are no left strands (it'll catch fire, I should not know this haha) then I dry burn til the coils glow again.

11. TomGeorge

TomGeorge Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Buffalo/Rochester
    I just run my wick till its dry without burning it then add the new flavor. Its usually only the first or second vape that has both flavors then its all clean new flavor. sometimes I dont get the old flavor at all

12. Tinkiegrrl

Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    I hate mixing my flavors. I'm a purist, and kinda OCD about it. Dripping is great for a flavor I'm unsure of before I fill a Kayfun. Just wish there was another way to quickly change flavors at will, sans any mixing. Especially if I discover I don't like a flavor.

I did discover what a real vape cloud is though. It all added up to vaping at 27 watts. I remember back when I though that anything over 8 was extreme, and gave no taste other then burning my wicks. Ah, the clearo days... Now I see the point in the 30 watt devices. I'm sure I'd still burn the wicks with a Kayfun (I vape those at around 12), but the airflow really allows for that high powered vaping. That cloud was so thick! Impressive, although not something I'm truly after. I was curious, so I had to do it. Flavor was great, and I am after that for sure.

13. serenity21899

serenity21899 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    Antioch IL
    I don't rewick for similar flavors. And I don't rinse my coil, either.

14. TomGeorge

TomGeorge Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Buffalo/Rochester
    There are also builds out there for wick-less coils that might be worth looking into. Or nano coils with a cotton cloud that could be pulled out and replaced (may have been stated already, my bad if it was).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.