Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Built my first sub-ohm dual coil in a dripper. Now I see why people need to drop their nic levels. Got a Tobh clone just to give sub ohming a whirl, since I got my first genuine mech. Did 8 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal on a 1/16 drill bit. Came to .62 ohms. Tried it on my new Leraia Hydra and my stingray clone. I can't believe the thick clouds. I've never been a cloud chaser, and dripping isn't convenient for my work schedule, but I'm definitely going to have fun with this's at home. Now, to find a way to rewick quickly so I can change flavors quickly.....

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Re-wicking is pretty easy. Take the rda off of the mod, cut the old wicking and remove it so you don't mess up your build, dry burn the coils a few times, then run water over the coil itself, and it'll be clean again. Put in new cotton, and drip away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know how to rewick. Just wish I didn't have to rinse and everything. I think I need more drippers...

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I know how to rewick. Just wish I didn't have to rinse and everything. I think I need more drippers...

You don't have to rinse at all if you don't want to. At least I don't. I just dry burn, add new wick & vape. I'll change the whole coil out before rinsing. Coil is too cheap to save with water.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I dripped with a Trident dual coil setup for quite a while and never did anything when I changed juices. I actually got right into mixing things on the fly. Used to vape with 3 or 4 different juices and mixed a few drops of this and a few of that to get the flavor combination.

I used small cotton wicks that don't hold a lot of juice and the old juice clears out pretty quickly.

Have fun with it and vape on.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I use to rinse my RDA's during wick changes, but now I just yank the old out, dry burn, and slap the new in. I'll give them a good cleaning after about every 3rd wick change. Also, if I'm vaping similar flavors, I'll just vape until the cotton is relatively dry, then just drip the new juice in. No wick change. If in going something completely different, like dessert to citrus, I'll rewick.

Have fun! I'm really enjoy on my TOBH clone as well.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I hate mixing my flavors. I'm a purist, and kinda OCD about it. Dripping is great for a flavor I'm unsure of before I fill a Kayfun. Just wish there was another way to quickly change flavors at will, sans any mixing. Especially if I discover I don't like a flavor.

I did discover what a real vape cloud is though. It all added up to vaping at 27 watts. I remember back when I though that anything over 8 was extreme, and gave no taste other then burning my wicks. Ah, the clearo days... Now I see the point in the 30 watt devices. I'm sure I'd still burn the wicks with a Kayfun (I vape those at around 12), but the airflow really allows for that high powered vaping. That cloud was so thick! Impressive, although not something I'm truly after. I was curious, so I had to do it. Flavor was great, and I am after that for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread