Wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Since I started vaping, and I am getting very active outside.. ya ready??

Anyone thought of a "clip on" to attach gizmos/vaporizers to pockets or pants/shirts?? Even a wrist band type carrier??
I haven't seen anything like this yet.. but I keep site hoping in hopes some body might have a solution to this..

Also, has anyone used anything solar powered to recharge.. say for like camping? I know there are gizmos out there like this:

Goal Zero Switch 8 Solar Recharging Kit - Free Shipping at REI.com

but has anyone used them for our e cigs??

Curious.. :vapor:

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
Today I actually broke out one of my Ego lanyards. I don't really like it around my neck so I secured it to a belt loop and have been either tucking it in a pocket or letting it hang. It is a little short when standing but it works well sitting down. I would be interested in a small mod with a pocket clip like a knife.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Today I actually broke out one of my Ego lanyards. I don't really like it around my neck so I secured it to a belt loop and have been either tucking it in a pocket or letting it hang. It is a little short when standing but it works well sitting down. I would be interested in a small mod with a pocket clip like a knife.

Me too, BigBaby.. maybe some body might see this and think of a good idea..

maybe a leather pouch with a metal clip?? I could see one now, tooled the right way.. make me drool all the way home! :laugh:

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
If you are backpacking, they have backpacks with solar chargers in them

ya know..I didn't forget about this Kena.. I had to remember the name of the company.. :p

I was looking at this, because of my tablet, and going camping. Looks like a cool toy to try out.

BioLite CampStove - BioLite Stove

Truncheon

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
maybe a leather pouch with a metal clip?? I could see one now, tooled the right way.. make me drool all the way home! :laugh:

Heh. we have a bunch of vapers at work - sometimes half the smoking area on break is vapers, the other have analog users.

one guy makes CCW and other types of gun holsters as a side business. he made himself a leather holster for his MVP with metal clip as you described, and i guess is making a different style one for a friend of his who has a tube style APV. i'd have him make me one for my vamo, but i'm not really a holster kinda guy... lol

ProClip - 405 Vaperz

photo_2_2__77469.1354422985.1280.1280.JPG

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Re: solar.

The charger "wants" a certain amount of amps. It's specified in mA (milliamps). Look on the charger (not the A/C to USB adapter, but the USB to e-cig thing). It will say INPUT: 5v XXX mA. The XXX number is what you need to know. Probably under 500 mA.

Solar cells vary in capacity depending on conditions... So if my charger wanted 400 mA I'd want a solar cell rated for maybe double that.

This will give you an idea of how to think about the specs, anyway. Some solar things have batteries that charge, and then you charge your stuffis. In that case, it's a battery charging the battery. lol. So not a big problem.

They come in different voltages and wattage. You want it to have a USB option (which is 5 volts). Watts are volts X amps...so .4 amps (400 mA) times 5 volts is only 2 watts. However, you'd want to add head room, so go with 4 watts.

This is what I'd do anyway. A 5 volt option with at least 4 watts. Rollable/portable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread