• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Woo .. ohm labeling on T2 heads .. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Ok .. I'm probably easily excited, but the fact that the ohms weren't labelled on T2 heads was one of the draw backs of them. Personally I think the flavour and vapour production is a bit better than the Vivi Nova, so I was pleasantly surprised by this. I just bought a 5 pack of T2s and 10 heads and I randomly noticed the omhs are now labelled on them.

IMG_0599.jpg

Last edited:

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Nice. Get those from Urban? I'm getting a friend of mine to pick me up some next time he drops by there.

No, I'd like to say I support Canadian stores more, but I can't afford to pay CP 20% on the types of ordering I do currently. surevapes won out at 10 for $10 and free shipping.

Another thing I thought about, after struckus brought it up on cvcn and had to check out ..

IMG_0601.jpg

Yup .. there's no visible coil, meaning they now have a floater wick on top of the coil, which hopefully cuts down on the gurgling/flooding. Although I do wonder if another obstruction will cut down on the vapour/flavour.

And oddly from last month's order, a third type of packaging *and* wick length, although no ohm labels or floater wick. Is this an evolutionary step or clone .. who knows. :p

IMG_0604.jpg

And yes, I need to get out more. :blink:

Last edited:

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
No, I'd like to say I support Canadian stores more, but I can't afford to pay CP 20% on the types of ordering I do currently. surevapes won out at 10 for $10 and free shipping.

Sweet ! Never bought from them before, but at that price I just placed an order :)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON

Another thing I thought about, after struckus brought it up on cvcn and had to check out ..

View attachment 159950

Yup .. there's no visible coil, meaning they now have a floater wick on top of the coil, which hopefully cuts down on the gurgling/flooding. Although I do wonder if another obstruction will cut down on the vapour/flavour.

And oddly from last month's order, a third type of packaging *and* wick length, although no ohm labels or floater wick. Is this an evolutionary step or clone .. who knows. :p

View attachment 159951

And yes, I need to get out more. :blink:

Figures it would be SureVapes. I may have to check them out because that's a killer price. How do they vape though? The first T2 heads I got were quite firmly bland-tasting. The second ones I got (from Urban) were excellent though.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I've really taken a liking to the T2s, and every oh-so-often you'd get the PERFECT hit. A thick, warm, extremely flavorful vape.

After seeing these pictures, I tore apart a old vision extreme clearo which I would never use (they are complete garbage), and stole the wick out of it. I cut the wick in half, laid it across the coil on the t2 head, and put back on the rubber condom thingie. Works awesome. No more flooding, amazing flavour, and best of all I can actually crank the voltage up to just under 4.8v on my twists now, whereas I'd be lucky to hit 3.8/4 before getting the nasty burnt taste.

All I can say is that if this how they're going to start making the heads, I'm sold. Now if only they'd make a vivi nova head that performed as well.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Figures it would be SureVapes. I may have to check them out because that's a killer price. How do they vape though? The first T2 heads I got were quite firmly bland-tasting. The second ones I got (from Urban) were excellent though.

I was putting off trying these, since I have 4 T2s, a Vivi and 2 cartotanks going at the moment, but I decided to try it. :) I'm not positive yet, but the vapour is great and flavour seems on par with previous heads.

I've really taken a liking to the T2s, and every oh-so-often you'd get the PERFECT hit. A thick, warm, extremely flavorful vape.

After seeing these pictures, I tore apart a old vision extreme clearo which I would never use (they are complete garbage), and stole the wick out of it. I cut the wick in half, laid it across the coil on the t2 head, and put back on the rubber condom thingie. Works awesome. No more flooding, amazing flavour, and best of all I can actually crank the voltage up to just under 4.8v on my twists now, whereas I'd be lucky to hit 3.8/4 before getting the nasty burnt taste.

All I can say is that if this how they're going to start making the heads, I'm sold. Now if only they'd make a vivi nova head that performed as well.

That *is* interesting and makes me feel less crazy. :) What was the omhs of that head Battlelance and can you measure the accuracy ?

These new labelled heads seem to feel like they're about 1.8-2.0 omhs and not 2.4, I had the same issue with my last 5 from months ago, from a different vendor - however the pack before that, in the same order seemed spot on. :blink:

Something seems to be up with the quality control at Kanger, the vapour and flavour are great, but I'm finding I have to use these 2.4 ohms heads at 3.8-4v instead of 4.2-4.6, so it's a tad annoying. It seems like I've gotten 2 blister packs from 2 different vendors, months apart, with and without the changes that are lower ohms than they should be. Unfortunately I don't have a way to measure ohms.

Last edited:

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I just have whatever heads Canvape sells - they aren't etched like the ones you got. Either way, the ones I have measure +-0.4 ohms from what they are supposed to be, which isn't bad.

I think the issue with any T2 head is wicking. Those tiny wicks just don't cut it at any voltage over 3.4v'ish. Its the same reason why I consistently get garbage flavour from vivi novas - they are easy to clean, but 5 heads later, it still tastes like crap, 1.8, 2.4, its all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread