Wood Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastianbach

Oct 8, 2018
Hello all,

You all know from the elementary school that the wood is an insulator material. But not necessarily for all the circumstances.

If i am not remembering it wrong, in the case, when the wood is wet, it can transform into an electric transistor.

How do you think about wood as a coil? Do you think it can be a superconductor? The wood would always be wet in the ato anyway.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
936.jpg

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
It has a certain beauty though. It’s one of those perfect trolls where there’s so much so terribly wrong with the idea that you get tongue tied as to where to start

Here I'll start, if wood were capable of being a super conductor the Hadron Collider would be made of maple. While it's true wet wood will conduct electricity via the water, it is a terribly inefficient conductor.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Erg.... Science!!!
Now when your wooden coil pops and spits at 1 watt, you'll get splinters launched into your lips, that is not good for the mouth @sabastionbach .
Lots of people are very happy vaping with current vape technology, if you learned how to use yours correctly, you would be too. If you have any gear. Starting to have doubts.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Here I'll start, if wood were capable of being a super conductor the Hadron Collider would be made of maple. While it's true wet wood will conduct electricity via the water, it is a terribly inefficient conductor.
You forgot that wood would have to be made wet by water. Pg & VG don’t conduct electricity at all. There may even be one or two more like wood being able to burn, etc.. it’s not worth the effort to find them though. You can get kind of close to not stupid if you have burned wood (carbon) which can be used as a resistive conductor a la early lightbulbs.. wait never no. This is a hole I’m not going to be sucked down.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@sebastianbach - I really don't intend for this to come out wrong, but I have a question for you: Do you realize that the requirement for new members to post 20 times, before they can do certain things on ECF...doesn't mean they have to start 20 new discussions? Just posting 20 comments total, in other threads/discussions on ECF will satisfy that requirement. I know that some international new members have thought it meant 20 new discussions they must start, because the rule was unclear to them. :)

Just jump in there and post some comments in other discussions that are already going on. You're welcome in any of them, and those posts count, too! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread