Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
This is the last Woodvil I acquired (off the classifieds January 2016)... a Stabilized Maple Burl 18490 with a Brass RM2 that Rob made up special to fit it perfectly (that I drilled out for my DLH's). I call her Calamity Jane because she had so many owners before me, is well used by them and a little warped like her namesake was. Even so she is my favorite Woodvil and has not spent anytime at all stored away like all my other Woodvil's have.
She's a perfect shirt pocket carry for when I run my wee hours of the night errands.

An educated guess is that it's birthday dates back to 2011.

wood-calamityjane.jpg

Last edited:

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Looks like you need one more to complete your 7 x 15 grid. When we build more, I'll save one for you.

As for the rest of the world, I'll be blocking Spyrdo's access to the webstore next time we build Woodvils so that a few of you can also get your hands on one or two.

Haha awesome!!

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Looks like you need one more to complete your 7 x 15 grid. When we build more, I'll save one for you.

As for the rest of the world, I'll be blocking Spyrdo's access to the webstore next time we build Woodvils so that a few of you can also get your hands on one or two.
cough make sure you don't block me. . .

also, are you currently offering spa services for Woodvils? I have a couple of old Woodvils that need brought back to life. one is my stabilized VV Woodvil that i believe may need a new button. Robert used to keep a stash of replacement buttons, since the original ones had problems.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

I only bought 4 from the 2015 Woody run of near 400 of them... including the one marked in this timeline picture of a portion of that run. These four are the only Woody's I have ever bought off the webstore, the rest came from classifieds here and one from a friend in Europe. Take note that I currently only have 10 Woody's (and 23 other Reos). But you might want to keep an eye on those folks here who have 3-5 dozen or more Woodvils. ;)

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I only bought 4 from the 2015 Woody run of near 400 of them... including the one marked in this timeline picture of a portion of that run. These four are the only Woody's I have ever bought off the webstore, the rest came from classifieds here and one from a friend in Europe. Take note that I currently only have 10 Woody's (and 23 other Reos). But you might want to keep an eye on those folks here who have 3-5 dozen or more Woodvils. ;)

Only!! Haha

I only bought 3 from the site last run and 2 off the classys. Though only have 1 atm. :/ 2018 that will change hopefully!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Already with the sandbagging, Dennis? ;)

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" - 'Verbal' Kint

Again - great to see you posting again, brother.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.

also, are you currently offering spa services for Woodvils? I have a couple of old Woodvils that need brought back to life. one is my stabilized VV Woodvil that i believe may need a new button. Robert used to keep a stash of replacement buttons, since the original ones had problems.
Hey @MamaTried I just found lots of info that Eric put up in this: Repairs and Spa Treatment

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
That is gorgeous, Spydro. Quilted Maple, right? Love it.

Correct, it is Quilted Maple. The 'fire' moves as it is turned out in sunlight and looks way better than this picture does. It's kind of hard to get the right angle to show it off at it's best in a picture taken indoors with a flash. It was my second choice on sale day from the list of 4 of them I wanted to buy that day. I only got this one off that list, bought the other three after the dust settled from sale day. One of those three ended up being my favorite from this run, the Jatoba/Ebony pictured above (I changed it's brass button to a black one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread