Word-Up E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
Hey since there isn't many posts I figured I would start another thread,try to jump start word-ups ECF participation.

I am fairly new to vaping it's only been about a 2 months since I put down the analogs and picked up my first e-cig since then it's been like a runaway train. I by nature have an addictive personality, I tend to not be someone who can do things in moderation as my reason for being a friend of Bill W.

Anyways I was intrigued when I first started and wanted to get my hands on as much juice as possible. I surfed around the internet and although overwhelming finally settled on a reasonably priced sample pack from Word-Up. I think that is the best way when starting to get an idea of what's out there, prices and flavors.

The sample-pack I bought were 5-5ml (I think 5ml, might be little more or little less, their bottles are different from any others I have and can't quite remember) bottles. After tax and shipping it came to 22 bucks and change.

The turnover time was fairly quick and was very excited to receive my first order ever of flavors. It came packaged in your run of the mill bubble lined envelope and all five bags were zipped inside a small ziplock type baggie. It was accompanied by my purchase order receipt and a business card.

I immediately ripped into the bag and got to business.

I should state that I ordered all of the juices in 36mg strength (a choice I came to regret but I'll get to that) the flavors were
1. RedBull
2. Newport (when I first smoked analogs, I was smoking them)
3. Marlboro (For my Dad)
4. Coffee (can't remember if there was a specific name maybe (Luscious something???)
5. Camel Wides (my analog of choice for ten years before putting them down and picking up an e-cig)

The reason I state I regretted choosing 36mg juice was because When I first tried these juices they were very strong in aroma and flavor especially Coffee and RedBull. My thinking was maybe since I was a 1.5 to 2 pack a day camel wide full flavor smoker that I would need the 36mg juice. Not to mention word-Up was one of the few retailers that I found at the time that did sell their juices at 36mg. I'm not sure if this is so it can be cut with VG or PG and still retain a good flavor or not but that's what I did. So for the purpose of letting anyone reading this know that my opinions of these flavors and juices won't be straight from the bottle but rather cut down. (The reviews wouldn't be good if I did)

1. Redbull - Red in Color, I expected it to be closer to a "usual" juice color like that light yellow golden (like actual redbull) but i wasn't. I took an empty 10ml dropper bottle and poured the entire contents into it. I then filled the rest of the bottle with VG out of a 6oz. bottle I bought at my local pharmacy for like 6 or 7 bucks. This brought the juice down to 18mg. After shaking it up the color lightened up, it wasnt the dark red it was but was still red in color. I vaped it on a ss 902 atty and the LUX from modern vapor. Vapor production was awesome, improved from before I mixed it but not much. I found word-ups vapor production to be great right out of the bottle. Throat hit was diminished some but was still quite high. Throat Hit was ridiculous before I cut it. Flavor is a different story, it reminded me of a cherry icee that I used to get as a kid. Not a bad flavor just not a redbull flavor. All in all my wife loves it. She never smoked analogs but likes to use my old 902 bat to try different flavors and even buys some 0mg juice for herself. She loves the redbull, so it wasn't a total wash.

2. ?Luscious? Coffee - Did the same thing with the juice cut it down. It was very very dark in color almost exactly matched a strong cup of black coffee. It's aroma was a very strong alcohol smell almost like liquor. Vapor production and throat hit were the same as Redbull no gripes in that department. On inhale it gave me an alcohol taste like I opened a bottle of coffee liquor and took a deep breath. On exhale it left a taste of black coffee in my mouth. I bet it would be great mixed with vanilla or carmel juice.

***Post is getting a little long I'll open another thread or reply with my opinion of Camel Wide, Marlboro and Newport ***

Overall the Word-Up juices I have tried perform very well in Vapor production. It was probably my mistake that I ordered 36mg and didnt cut it. I know now that IMO that's something I needed to do. It's hard to please everyone when it comes to flavors however in performance these juices rank right up there with the best.

lisabsn

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Chicago IL
Wordup has the best vapor production of any juice I have tried. You have to try the White Zinfandel, that's my personal favorite across the board. I use 18mg and get a great TH but not overwhelming, I want flavor not burn. Laurin mixes the juices fresh when the orders are received and she uses only pharm. grade ingredients, since she mixes each order on receipt she can tweak the flavors for you. If you like tobacco flavors I hear great things about Jeff's Special Mix. I also like being able to choose PG, VG, or 50/50 mix.

bigboom

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've seen a couple of reviews over the last couple of months and want to give WU tobacco flavors a shot. Any recommendations for two or three tobacco flavors that deliver big throat hits, decent vapor, and good, non-chemical taste will be appreciated. I vape 24 mg and like juice in the 70/30 to 50/50 pg/VG range. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
I have ordered Newport, Camel Wide and Marlboro from these guys and can honestly say they pack a punch, I ordered them at 36mg and the throat hit was unbelievable, I had to cut it down some, vapor production good, but as far as flavor, the tobacco is a good representation of tobacco flavor, the newport to me is a little more of a minty flavor with slight tobacco undertones. IMO I couldn't tell the difference between Mar and Cam though. Not to say there isn't one, I've since given the Mar to my father and it was fairly soon into my transition from analogs to vaping so the tastebuds might have been on vacation still. So now I don't have a way to compare the two side by side. I do seem to always keep seeing stuff about Jeff's Mix and may need to try it myself. The thing I've found is if you like vaping, tone the nic level down 36mg really wailed me. I now only order 24 and 18. The cool thing about Word-Up is that they will make adjustments for you because juice is mixed upon order. Custom nic, and flavor along with knowing your juice is made fresh for you and hasnt been sitting on a shelf is good stuff too!!! if you do wind up trying Jeff's mix put up a review on it, I'm sure I'm not the only one more than curious to hear the nitty gritty about it.

lisabsn

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Chicago IL
I was a menthol smoker and I ordered the Benson and Hedges for my first juice, it was very much like the real thing. Without the actual burning you won't get the exact taste but you can come close, without the poisons in analogs. I have tried many of Laurin's juices and never once a hint of any chemical taste, quality ingredients are the key. I was at a local meet and I had to smile, one of our members kept saying that WU's nicotine is the best out there. This from a guy who has a lot more experience than I do with various juices. Pride in your product is a rare thing these days and with WU you get that.

lisabsn

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Chicago IL
I don't do the tobaccos but Jeff's Special Mix is very popular, Flu-cured is up there and I am waiting for some Ruyin 4, I will let you know. The menthol tobacco flavors are pretty good, my hubby likes those. I use mostly the sweeter flavors, Vanilla Bean, Pina Colada, and the White Zin is my favorite. I also love the Rum and Coke.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Ok, I have got to get some of this miraculous White Zin on my next order! If it is half as good as you guys say.... then I may have to order by the quart.....lol. RY4 is my go-to flavor, so I will also probably try Ruyin4. I am just about ready for a Nic/PG/VG order and need a few odds and ends anyway

Last edited:

lisabsn

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Chicago IL
I was confused at first too. The White Zin is wonderful! Laurin could sell me this stuff in gallon jugs. I have been fortunate enough to try hundreds of juices at our meets and I have to say that the hand-crafted in small batches juice stand out. Not only do I know they are strictly quality controlled but the same person is making each batch. Wordup has a great line-up of flavors and the quality ingredients shine through, never any after taste, never any chemical taste, just clean crisp flavor that produces tons of rich vapor. Even the PG juice has huge vapor, it tastes like what you ordered and is made fresh just for you. I highly, highly recommend the White Zin, if you want to relax and unwind after a long hard day this one will get you there.

lisabsn

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Chicago IL
LOL! I'm a very satisfied customer, when you are able to purchase quality products and get customer service that makes you feel like you are their only customer you should shout it out. That's why I'm here. Funny but as busy as they are I feel like a special order every time. It doesn't have anything to do with me cause I have spoken to many of Jeffery and Laurin's customers and they feel the same way. We are all important to them and are treated as such. And no I was never a cheerleader just very loyal when warranted. Thanks for coming in and posting too, it's always a pleasure to meet other WU customers and especially nice when you can recommend a juice that makes someone say Wow that's the one I was searching for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread