Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Wotofo MDura Pro Kit 230W By @sourcemore

Introduction:
    Wotofo has commercialized a new IP68 waterproof, dustproof and impact resistant kit. The updated chipset communicates with a large 1.2-inch TFT display with six different selectable background colors.
    The Mod is powered by two external 18650 batteries for a maximum (theoretical) output of 230w. There are VW mode with various power steps, stealth mode and TC. The declared reaction time to the Fire is lightning fast (0.001s) and the recharge is 2A type-C.

The NexMESH Pro Sub-ohm tank 2021 present in this kit has a liquid capacity that varies from 4.5ml to 6ml depending on the glass and the resistance installed. NexMESH Pro Sub-ohm tank uses new gigantic high-performance and long-lasting Mesh-coils that maintain the conical structure of the heating core already seen in previous creations. Furthermore, with the additional module H17 RDC RBA (sold separately) it is possible to have fun with the "do it yourself" to transform this tank into a regenerable Dual Core RTA system.
    Enjoy the reading.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 1.jpg

MDura Pro Kit Packaging:
    At the front there are the main features in evidence, with the name of the device in large letters. The transparent plexy allows you to partially see the kit inside. On the back of the box we find the writing MDura, the warnings, trademarks and logos required by law.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 2.jpg

On the remaining sides of the package the word "MDura" is repeated like a mantra. And they are also indicated; the presence of a new chipset, the packing list, the color of the sample contained, a barcode and the scratch & check.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 3.jpg

Wotofo MDura Pro 230W Kit Packing List:
    • 1 * MDura Pro Mod
    • 1 * Tank nexMESH Pro
    • 1 * H15 Parallel Mesh Coil (Pre-installed) Power Range 50-80W (Best 65-80W)
    • 1 * H12 Clapton Mesh Coil Head Wattage Range 40-75W (Best 55-75W)
    • 1 * Glass bubble tank
    • 1 * Type-C Charging Cable
    • 1 * Oring envelope
    • 1 * User Manual

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 4.jpg

MDura Mod Specifications:
    • Dimensions Mod: 47.4x88.1x33.1mm
    • Weight: 192 ± 3g
    • Body material: Zinc alloy + rubber
    • Display: 1.2 "TFT with 6 color options
    • Battery type: Dual 18650 (not included)
    • VW mode: Standard, Power, Power +
    • VW power range: 5-230W
    • TC power range: 10-230W
    • Temperature range: 200F-600F / 100C-315C
    • TCR value range for nickel: 400-800 (default value: 600)
    • TCR value range for titanium: 200-500 (default value: 350)
    • TCR value range for SS: 10-300 (default value: 105)
    • Charging Port: Type C
    • Charging current: DC 5V / 2A
    • Atomizer connection: 510

NexMESH Pro Tank Specifications (Standard Edition):
    • Tank Size: Φ24 * 42.85mm (without Drip Tip and 510 pin)
    • Weight: 72 ± 3g
    • Tank capacity: 4.5ml with straight PCTG tube, 6ml with Bubble tank (Single-Coil a spare)
    • Tank capacity: 3.5ml with straight PCTG tube, 5ml with Bubble tank (Dual-Coil a spare)
    • Drip-Tip: In Delrin 810
    • Power range: 50-80W
    • Refill method: top filling
    • Type of air flow: Bottom adjustable
    • Thread: 510

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 5.jpg

Wotofo MDura Pro Kit Available colors:
    • King Kong Black, King Kong Blue, King Kong Orange, King Kong Red, Retro Red

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 6.jpg

NexMESH Pro Tank Available colors:
    • Black, stainless steel, gunmetal, rainbow, gold, blue

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 7.png

First impressions:
    For this test I received the "king Kong Black" color version which to my taste is the most elegant and less showy one of the lot thanks to a low color contrast between the various elements and materials that make up this kit. The chromatic choice offered by Wotofo is however very wide and for all tastes.
    The form factor of the Mod is classic and simple, the size and weight are in line with what can be expected from a waterproof, dustproof and shockproof kit like this one.
    Overall, the kit is pleasing to the eye and well sized with its new generation 24mm diameter NexMESH Pro atomizer.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 8.jpg

Feeling:
    The Kit uses materials well assembled together and of good general quality. The rubber coating treatment, in addition to protecting against impacts, gives a very pleasant tactile feedback.
    The 1.2-inch TFT Side Display with 6 color setting options uses large fonts that are well-lit and easily legible but only in favorable lighting conditions.
    Overall this kit is rather bulky and relatively heavy but this is understandable given the type (IP68) which pays off amply in terms of structural solidity.
    I really liked the lateral arrangement of the large Fire button that allows comfortable use with either the thumb or the index finger, moreover the presence of a third adjustment button (mode) allows you to navigate the options menu in a simple way. it's fast.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 9.jpg

MDura Pro Mod front and back view:
    The entire surface of the Mod is covered with a layer of soft rubber and molded to cushion shocks. The Display is protected by a metal frame anchored by 4 torx screws. The screen shows at the top and bottom the identifying inscriptions of the brand and the chipset. Below the display there are three adjustment buttons (Mode, up and down), the Type-C charging socket is protected by a waterproof rubber cap.

On the back, the same metal frame (on the front) contains a soft, slightly protruding leatherette cushion with the giant inscription "MDURA" hot stamped, on the side of the cushion there are two parallel green seams.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    MDura Pro Mod side view:
    As I said before, the Fire key is well sized and is placed in the best possible position to be reached by the fingers, this particular contributes significantly to the comfort of use.
    The metal (Fire) key is housed inside a plate which is itself metal and screwed to the mod. This detail suggests that the key is removable, but I haven't tried it.
    The ease of grip is facilitated by the slightly protruding upper / lower edges of the Mod, the rubber surface also offers considerable grip.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 11.jpg

MDura Pro Mod top / bottom view:
    The shelf that houses the 510 cup is dark anodized and screwed to the mod via 4 screws. The cup is slightly protruding and this avoids scratching the mod when screwing / unscrewing the atomizers. The trhread 510 contains a floating type / gold plated pin.
    On the bottom there are six vent holes for the cells and a sliding door opening system.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 12.jpg

Compartment / batteries:
    The compartment / battery door uses a very sturdy hooking system consisting of a metal tab connected to the opening / closing sliding system. Once the mechanism has been slid to access the compartment / batteries, a sturdy spring lifts the door and keeps it open to facilitate operations.
    The positive / negative poles are clearly marked both on the bottom of the Mod and on the inside of the door.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 13.jpg

NexMESH Pro Tank refill:
    Now let's go hunting for clouds with this new atomizer that uses a renewed range of coils with the famous Wotofo conical shape of the heating core.
    The tank with pre-assembled straight glass allows a maximum liquid capacity of 4.5ml which drop to 4ml with the use of the most bulky coils, fortunately inside the package there is a "bubble" glass that can contain up to 6.5ml of liquid with the use of the less bulky single-coil.
    The refill system uses a proven slide system that is well contrasted and difficult to open involuntarily. The opening point of the Top-Cap is marked with a white dot. The slot for topping up the liquid is protected by a silicone membrane and there is a small opposed vent hole.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 14.JPG

NexMESH Pro Tank exploded view:
    After having illustrated the filling system, let's analyze the structure of the NexMESH Pro Tank which can be completely disassembled for a complete and periodic cleaning operation. In addition, the kit includes spare gaskets and orings.
    The drip-tip with 810 connection is firmly fixed thanks to two orings, one positioned on the drip-tip itself and one positioned inside the top-cap.
    The AFC ring is well contrasted and equipped with rotation stops, it has three large 10x3mm slots.
    Unscrewing the ring nut we can break down the atomizer into six parts (Drip-tip, top-cap, pyrex glass, chimney, coil and deck).

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 15.jpg

NexMESH Pro Tank details:
    In the underlying part of the AFC base together with the various brands we find the classic Wotofo lettering and a slightly protruding gold / plated pin.
    In the internal part of the AFC base we find two contact turrets for the coil always plated / gold for better electrical conductivity.
    The chimney / bell has white external identification writings and is surrounded by 4 large slots for the passage of the liquid towards the coil.
    On the external vertex of the chimney / bell there is an oring for coupling with the top-cap while at the bottom there is a sealing gasket and support for the pyrex glass.
    Internally, the bell / chimney is designed for a press and pull coil insertion system.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 16.jpg

NexMesh Pro Coil:
    The new NexMesh Pro Coils are specially designed by OFRF for the Wotofo NexMesh Pro Tank.
    There are 6 different coil options: H15 dual parallel NexMesh, H12 Clapton single NexMesh (both present in the kit). There are separately purchasable; H11 Single Conical nexMESH, H13 Single Conical NexMesh, H18 Triple Mesh Coil and H19 Wire & Mesh Quad Coil. All retain the classic conical-shaped heating core structure, but are not compatible with the previous series and can be purchased in blister packs of 3 pieces for each package.
    * The RTA # H17 RDC Rebuildable Deck module for DIY enthusiasts can be purchased separately and makes this tank Wotofo's first Dual Core system.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 17.jpg

Wotofo Nexchip:
    It manages two 18650 batteries for an adjustable power from 5 to 230W in steps of 1W at a time, has a reaction time to the Fire button of only 0.001 seconds and a fast charge of 2A. It has a 6-color screen with an easy-to-navigate interface thanks to the presence of the "mode" button and offers all the protections useful to the user; 10s cut-off, low voltage protection, overheat protection, short circuit protection, low and high resistance protection.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 18.jpg

Operation Guide:
    • Power On / Off: Quickly press the Fire button 5 times in less than 2 seconds.
    • Vaping: While the device is on, press the Fire button to vape (when the vape time of a single puff exceeds 8 seconds, delivery stops).
    • Lock / Unlock the power adjustment function: Press the "Up" and "Down" buttons simultaneously.
    • Lock / Unlock Vaping Function: Quickly press the Fire button 3 times in less than 2 seconds.
    • Puff Reset: Press the Fire button and the Down button at the same time.
    • Choice of background color: Press the Fire button and the "Up" button at the same time.
    • Stealth Mode On / Off: Short press the "Mode" button.
    • Menu: Long press the "Mode" button and use the "Up and Down" buttons to choose between the modes: Watt Standard, Watt Power, Watt Power +, Temp TI, Temp NI, Temp SS and Memory.
    • Charging: Once the USB cable is inserted, the interface will appear showing the percentage of charge of the two batteries.

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 19.jpg

Final conclusions:
    Hoping to have been as comprehensive as possible, I greet you and conclude by briefly summarizing my impressions during my test.

• Wotofo MDura Pro mod:
    Definitely a powerful dual battery Mod, well finished and excellently made.
    The Chipset allows customizable VW delivery through three power steps (Standard, Power and Power +).
    The basic "Standard" mode offers performance comparable to that of the best circuits in this category while with the other two you get a considerable additional boost.
    As far as I'm concerned the VW Standard mode is fully sufficient and satisfies me.

While using, the Mode button I find it very convenient, in fact just touch it once to make the display invisible (stealth mode) very useful for energy saving, while to access the menu just press it longer, so we can quickly change the modes and if we want we can also use the temperature control or an additional pre-set VW memory function.

The graphical interface of the 1.2 "TFT Display with 6 color options has fonts that are clearly visible in favorable light conditions while reading is difficult in sunlight.
    The management of the dual 18650 cell seemed to me very good with a homogeneous consumption of the batteries throughout their life cycle.
    If I have to find a fault with this Mod I would say that it lacks an intelligent automatic detection function of the best range of the coil.
    * Wotofo MDura Pro Box Mod can also be purchased separately at the Sourcemore store: Wotofo MDura Pro Mod 230W Box Mod dual 18650

• NexMESH Pro Tank
    One of the best features of this Tank is that it doesn't lose a drop of liquid even on purpose! I noticed this using fairly fluid 50/50 liquids and I had no problems.

Both the supplied resistors H12 and H15 are very reactive and quite thirsty for liquid. The coils are able to function optimally even at powers lower than the indicated range. These two Coils are also quite similar in performance, they produce huge clouds of vapor with an excellent aromatic yield. I have not been able to choose my favorite, both perform excellently up to the limit of watts recommended by Wotofo.

This atomizer is definitely dedicated to those who want to use it in RDL / DL mode in a simple way through pre-set high potential and long-lasting resistors.
    An interesting RTA add-on module for "do it yourself" lovers is expected to be released in the future.
    If I have to find a fault with this item, I would say that there is no liquid control system for changing the coils when the tank is full. Otherwise the product is robust and well built.
    * NexMESH Pro Tank can also be purchased individually at the Sourcemore store: Wotofo NexMesh Pro Tank 3.5ml/5ml/4.5ml/6ml top filling
    Thanks for reading

• This kit is available at the Sourcemore store at a price of $ 47.90 (approximately) € 40.11, by entering the code: MADURA
    Wotofo MDura Pro Kit 230W Box Mod with 4.5ml nexMESH Pro Tank

Wotofo MDura 230W Pro Kit 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread