hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. I’m here once again with yet another review for your viewing pleasure. At least I hope it’s a pleasure. I was sent the Wotofo Profile X RTA by Wotofo in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. The X is a 28mm RTA that comes with three different types of mesh sheet coils as well as two standard type coils. It has a liquid capacity of 5ml/8ml depending on whether you choose to use the straight glass pre-installed or the spare bubble glass that is included. It is a top airflow RTA so you won’t have to worry about leaking and uses honeycomb style airflow in two rows of holes. Besides being a mesh tank, it has four holes where you can insert two standard coils. It promises that you can also use it in single coil configuration but we will have to see how that goes since a lot of dual coil tanks don’t perform all that well with single coils. Like most tanks these days it has a ¼ turn top cap that is removed to find two large fill ports underneath.

MWe71xY.jpg

gNekOWT.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Wotofo Profile X RTA
    1* nexMESH Chill A1 0.15ohm
    1* nexMESH Turbo A1 0.13ohm
    1* nexMESH Extreme A1 0.16ohm
    2* Framed Staple Clapton Ni80 0.33ohm
    3* 6mm Thick Cotton Strip
    2* 3mm Thick Cotton Strip
    1* 8ml Bubble Glass
    1* Mesh Bending Tool
    1* Cross Head Screwdriver
    1* Accessory Bag
    1* User Manual

v50OPkU.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size: Φ28*43.7mm (with drip tip & 510 pin)

E-liquid Capacity: 5ml (straight edition), 8ml (with bubble glass)

Filling: Top filling

Airflow Type: Adjustable top airflow

Build Deck Diameter: Φ28mm

Threading: 510 thread

Supported Coil Type: Single mesh coil

Single wire coil

Dual wire coil

Fit For: Wotofo nexMesh Chill/Turbo/Extreme Coil

Cotton Deck Material Ceramic

Drip Tip Material & Connection: Size 810 colored resin

Tube Material: PCTG for straight tube, glass for bubble tube

Insulator Material: German PEEK

Color: Black, SS, Gunmetal, Gold, Blue, Rainbow

Dt344QU.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Supports both mesh coil and single/dual wire coil

2. Fit for all of the Profile mesh (nexMesh Chill/Turbo/Extreme)

3. 5ml/8ml e-juice capacity, top airflow system

4. Honeycomb airflow control, smooth vapor & delightful flavor

5. Quarter turn top fill system with dual fill ports

5CSmneh.jpg

bgT21fv.jpg

pMuEdfm.jpg

lfCzj2A.jpg

eznnNaZ.jpg

SL6iT96.jpg

canTRJB.jpg

6Z0ZAYf.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Profile X is the same as what I’ve seen from Wotofo in the past with other samples that I have reviewed. The front has a clear cover with the Profile X and Wotofo names printed on it. You can clearly see the tank and the spare bubble glass that boosts your liquid capacity from 5ml to 8ml. This one is a little different as it only has some warnings and company information on the back. The contents list is printed on the side of the box. It comes with quite a bit of stuff which includes two Ni80 coils rated at .33 ohms, three different mesh strips, cotton threads for all three mesh strips as well as cotton for the two Ni80 coils, a small phillips screwdriver, a coil shaping rod for the mesh, and an accessory bag with extra screws and o rings.

1671901598107.png

1671901619208.png

1671901635695.png

I personally don’t care much at all for the really short drip tips that come with Profile X. It is a nice looking resin tip but I don’t like putting my mouth right on top of the tank like that so immediately changed the drip tip to a taller 810 tip. As you can see in the picture below, the Profile X is easily broken down for cleaning or changing out the pre-installed straight 5ml glass for the 8ml bubble glass.

The top cap uses the normal ¼ turn bayonet style connection. I personally found the top cap a little bit thin and not the easiest to get a grip on but had no real troubles with it. There is a single o ring on the bottom of the top cap to help seal the tank from leaking. One thing I thought that was odd at first is how deep the fill ports are down inside of the opening once the top cap is removed. I tried to get a picture for you in the second one below but don’t know how good it is at showing how far down the fill ports are. From what I have read, this is so that you can use any type of bottle for filling including a glass dropper bottle without making a mess. I found it odd when filling with my usual 50ml plastic bottles.

1671901687569.png

1671901713430.png

I don’t think I’ve seen a build deck quite like the one in this rta. It not only has two screws with one on each side to lock down the mesh strips but also has two other screws on each side that allow you to install two standard coils and lock down each leg individually. So there are the two clamps with the ceramic spring loaded center that pushes the cotton against the mesh and also four holes with individual screws to install standard coils. Unfortunately the clamps for the mesh are not spring loaded.

1671901754565.png

1671901784678.png

The airflow for the Profile X consists of two rows of nine honeycomb holes on each side for a total of 36 airflow holes available. This is easily adjusted with the airflow control ring that moves with just the right amount of resistance.

1671901845017.png

I’ll be honest that I’ve never really been a big fan of mesh coils so was a little apprehensive starting out about testing this one. My first build was with the .15 mesh strip in one of the two tanks that I received for the review. I bent and installed the mesh and used one of the included cotton threads to wick the tank. I cut the wick down at an angle from the top edge near the mesh to the end of the wick. Then thinned out the tails quite a bit but still had plenty of cotton to fill the ports. Upon initially trying the tank, I kept getting a strong cotton taste no matter where I set the wattage. I finally pulled the deck out and raised the shoulders of the wick some thus pulling the tails up a little and that seemed to help some. I settled around 55 watts but felt like I never really got rid of the cotton taste completely. It wasn’t a dry hit, but just the taste of cotton. I checked a couple times and my wick was fully saturated.

1671901883227.png

The second tank I decided to install the two Ni80 coils. I made the mistake of cutting the legs at 5.5mm and never could get both coils installed properly. I gave up on those and installed a couple of the 316 flat braided coils that I keep on hand. This time I cut the legs longer at 6.5mm and it was a little easier. The next time I install dual coils in this tank I will cut them at 7 or 7.5mm to make them a little easier to work with. The flavor was much better and did not get the cotton taste like I did on the first mesh attempt. My dual coils ended up at .15 ohms and have been running them at 58 watts on a DNA mod with good results.

1671901933911.png

I still had two more mesh strips to test so decided to put one in each of the tanks. I honestly was kind of dreading this after my initial results with the first mesh strip test. I went ahead and built each of the two sample tanks with a different mesh strip. The Turbo strip went in one tank in one tank with a dinner lady lemon tart mix while the Extreme went in the other with a lemon pound cake recipe that I use very often for review testing. I trimmed the wicks down at an angle like I did the first time but this time thinned the tails out quite a bit more and trimmed the tails a little more so that I had less cotton going into the wick holes. This proved to provide better flavor than my initial test and no cotton flavor like I got before. With this in mind, I can only think that my first attempt at a mesh coil with this tank resulted in less than optimal results because I didn’t thin the tails out enough. Even if you think you have the tails thinned enough, go ahead and thin them out more.

EgxXAFY.jpg

SqyOSMl.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I feel like Wotofo has done a good job coming out with yet another good rta. Having the option of running mesh as well as single or dual standard coils makes it very versatile and should meet the needs of many vapers. Starting out with a 5ml capacity and being able to increase it to 8ml with the use of the included bubble glass is definitely a plus with a tank like this targeted at high wattage use.

I was unable to use any of the mesh coils at the rated wattages with any comfort. I felt like the second two mesh coils operated well at the 45-50 watt range. It definitely helped to thin the tails out more with these two than I did with the first test with the Chill mesh strip. The dual standard coils were a little hard to install and felt like the four grub screws didn’t have very good heads on them and were a little difficult to tighten without feeling like I was stripping the heads with the included screwdriver. I had better results using my own precision screwdriver.

Overall I feel like Wotofo has done a nice job designing as well as executing the manufacture of the Profile X RTA. If you like high wattage vaping and having the versatility of being able to use both types of coils then this one might be a good fit for you.

I would like to thank Wotofo and Cara for sending the Wotofo Profile X RTA for this review. Thanks as always to the readers for making it to the end of another review in a long line. Below is a link to the website for you.

Profile X RTA - The latest flavorful single mesh RTA by Wotofo
    iGZE842.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Due to age, dexterity and ease of use, I will stick with premade coils. None the less this was an excellent review.
    Thank you. I understand. I’ve been using a mix of rtas and premade coils myself.
    Great review Hitt.
    Thanks Bob!
    Another great review. hitt :)
    Thank you Fran!
    Excellent review Hitt!!!

8ml tank, wow. I mean, I get it, higher wattages.
    Thanks for checking it out SMT. Even at 8ml it seems like the tank goes fairly quickly.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Is it easier to just use the clamps For the dual framed staples or remove the clamps? Seems it would be easiest to just use the clamps no? Thank you
    I thought it was easy enough to use the regular holes to mount the coils.

Reactions: Michael card

Users who are viewing this thread