wotofo,RDA or RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Carpenter

Dec 9, 2016
After 7 years of vaping I'm finally going to get a RTA/RDA...I use an old crown 1,falcon king and an Uwell Nunchaku...Flavor is most important factor..I was looking at the Unity so I wouldn't have to buy a squonk tank for the profile..My e liquid supplier went to the RDA and a nice squonk tank,he loves it...Those that use both what is your opinions between the two and would I get a nice boost in flavor from what I use now?..I would get a squonk tank if I had to..Thanks for any opinion,Bob

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
You don't need a squonker with an rda, you can also simply drip in it directly. Personally that's what i do most times when i'm home, generally i do tend to have a squonk on me but that's because i'm mainly an rda user.

The unity though, i've heard about as much positive as the profile rda, haven't used one myself (as i said i'm an avid rda user) Imo it mostly depends what you're looking for, but be aware apparently wicking the RTA is not easy, or so i've heard.

Rdas are much easier to wick as you don't need to cover any filports or anything, just don't overload it and you'll be fine. Rtas though, you have to be careful, too much you'll dry the wick and burn it, too little and it'll leak like there's no tomorrow.

IMHO though you'll never get a better vape than a freshly dripped rda since duh it's freshly dripped out of the bottle.

Bob Carpenter

Dec 9, 2016
Thanks for the reply,Yes,I did understand about just dripping with the RDA and not needing to buy a squonk mod for that...I guess the Profile comes with a pin for that..I have to admit tho I'm looking hard at the Kylin M RTA,better for on the go..Some say they are easier to wick than the Unity..I've never had an RTA/RDA before...also I do read the flavor is best on the RDA..May just pull the trigger on a Profile 1.5 and learn to wick and drip at first then get a squonk mod if it goes well for me..Thanks again,

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Every RTA will come with it’s own challenges, and the Profile Unity or even the Kylin M are no exception. Some are a little more tricky than others. Own several Unity’s, can’t see how the Kylin is any easier. Whats important with mesh is that you need to ensure there is enough wick under the mesh to avoid any gaps between the mesh and the wick. Gaps lead to hot spots, hot spots lead to dry burns. This applies top both RDA and RTA’s.

The Profile RDA, Unity and Kylin M all share the same dimension mesh strip. The Profile 1.5 and new Vandy Vape M employ a larger strip that is not compatible.

There are 2 running threads on the Unity and Profile RDA

WOFOTO Profile RDA

Wotofo Profile Unity RTA

• Agree
Reactions: QcVaper

Xanarkhan

Dec 30, 2019
I started to use a RDA a few months ago. First I had some issues with a very nasty flavor but I then started to use only one clapton coil (instead of 2) and now I love it.

The refilling isn't an issue for me as I don't vape while driving.

I could've used an RTA but I was scared I get the wicking wrong, causing my tank to leak or dry hits.

There's no 100% guarantee your cotton won't burn. Sometimes at the end of the day I see some black spots near the coil. Either because the cotton was too dry or some tiny fibers were too close to the coil. I usually rewick every day, sometimes every second day (Just to get the best flavor possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread