Would a smok super mesh coil work on my Aegis Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GracefulDead

Jan 7, 2019
I have been using my GeekVape1 Aegis Mini 80W for about 2 mouths. It have been a great vape, but I used both of my coils that came with the Kit. So it time to buy more before Illinois makes it illegal to buy vape products if your under 21. Looking at the web I found smok 0.3ohm and I didn't know if that would work for my Aegis. I also found some GeekVape super mesh but it was only in 0.4ohm. Would either of those products work on my mod?

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
If you have the Cerberus tank it will. I also have the Aegis mini kit. The GeekVape mesh coils are much better IMO. I have even used the 0.2ohm coils in it. Freemax and Vapresso NGR coils will also work. I have found the Geekvape and Freemax coils to be more flavorful and last longer than the Smok. Also watch out for knock-off Smok coils. There are quite a few shops in IL that sell the fake Smok coils. MyFreedomSmokes.com has a pretty good deal on the geekvape 0.2 coils.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
These are the Geekvape Mesh Coils available as far as I know. Only 2 are labeled super mesh but the other two are also mesh wire. All of them are compatible with these tanks and may work in other tanks. Geek Vape Shield, Geek Vape Aero, Geek Vape Cerberus, SMOK TFV8 Baby Series, SMOK TFV12 Baby Prince. So the SMOK coils for those two SMOK tanks should work in the Geekvape tank

0.2ohm Super Mesh X1 Coil - Rated for 30-90W
0.3ohm Super Mesh X2 Coil - Rated for 30-45W
0.4ohm IM1 Coil - Rated for 40-60W
0.15ohm IM4 Coil - Rated for 60-80W

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: greek mule

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
You'd be better off getting more .2Ω GV Aero/Cerberus Supermesh coils. I got mine from Eciggity, Vape Wild, My Vapor Store and My Freedom Smokes

I visited my local vape shop last week. I asked the owner which tanks are the most popular and which coils have the worst failure rate etc. I love my .2Ω GV supermesh coils so I wasn't surprised when he told me he sells a ton of them to smok tank users because the smok coils suck.

quick Google finds this video from HG

and this, listed at that video at YT

"The Geekvape Cerberus is cross compatible with the following brand's tanks:
1. GEEKVAPE IM1/IM4 COILS FOR AERO TANK
2. ELEAF HW1/HW2/HW-N/HW-M COILS FOR ELLO DURO AND IJUST3
3. SMOK V8 BABY COILS FOR TFV8 BABY, TFV8 BIG BABY, TFV12 BABY PRINCE TANKS
4. REV M AND S COILS FOR THE REV DRIFT2 TANK
5. JOYETECH ProC COILS FOR PROCORE SERIES TANKS 6. COIL HEAD FOR THE NEXTVAPOR NSTIK PRO KIT"

Last edited:

901-Memphis

Mar 19, 2019
Smok Tfv8 baby coils are compatible but they aren't that great. If you can't find geekvape super mesh coils I would look for ijoy xs or Vaporesso NRG coils next but the geekvape coils are probably the best for the cerberus. I have 3 cerberus tanks and 3 other tanks that use that coil size and the geekvape are the best I've tried so far. I've even used Eleaf Hw coils they are the worst!

Reactions: tdman77

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
Found this list online there are some others that are not on this list that will work also.

TFV8 compatible coils:
  • Eleaf HW coils [Do not fit 22mm Vaporesso Cascade Baby]
  • E-XY T1 coils
  • Geekvape Aero Mesh coils
  • Geekvape iM1+4 coils
  • iJoy XS coils
  • Jomo Tech Smartvape TC80 coils
  • Joyetech ProCore Aries coils [Do not fit 22mm Smok tanks]
  • Joyetech ProCore C1-S MTL coil [Only MTL offering]
  • Sigelei SLYDR SM coils
  • SMOK TFV8 baby coils
  • Squid Ind. Peacemaker coils