Would any Mod Suppliers/Modders out there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Be interested in setting up a Design Copyright Association?

Having noticed that a lot of designs are now being copied very closely by countries such as China, would there be any suppliers/modders who would be interested in joining forces to try and combat the companies who are infringing these copyrights?

The idea would be that we get together anyone who has a unique design which they are concerned might be copied, and we try and build up as many members as possible.

If/when any member has a design copied, we would first have to ascertain whether it is indeed a direct enough copy to go ahead with any legal action. After confirmation, the international lawyer costs would be split evenly between all the members making the whole process more viable. Another way would be that the defendent pays X% and the rest (Y%) is divided between the rest of the association.

We would accept 'silent' members who maybe not necessarily have a design to defend, but would like to support such a cause to try and keep these quality designs protected from plagiarism.

Anyway, I just thought that it would be worth putting this loose idea out there to see if anyone would be interested...... any feedback would be much appreciated. :)

P.S. Suppliers feel free to post here.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
The principal being that if we can get together a minimum of 100+ members to start with, the cost between everyone becomes marginal.

Ideally if we got every member of some of the major forums for example, the cost per member would potentially be very small indeed.

Ie. If we can get together 4000 members, and the lawsuit totals $10,000, the cost would be $2.50 per member. So the more people who would like to get involved the better. ;)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I totally agree here. China will stop all western sales veeery soon. We have to see the wood and not the tree. I am sure that in some time we will sell china products again or we will return to our first jobs before e-cigs xaxaxa

I am laughing but its a serious matter. I think that its better to put an end to our ego and stay joint. I also think that we have to sell many models under 1 only company that we can create. I think that we can be bigger that China in e-cigs. I have big expectations from western people because we can do it.

My suggestion is to make one big company that will produce very cheap and immortal models to all vapers. We will all be totally safe about liquid's quality, cig's quality, atomizer's quality batteries quality, mouthpieses quality.

Now every modder makes whatever he thinks without any control from anyone about quality. This has to be changed. We can be very strong against anyone that tries to attact us if we can make a simple move here.

I wanted to make exactly the same thread months ago but I was almost sure that only a few people would join me. I see that my thought was right.

I am very impressed that this thread exists 2 months and nooneresponded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
I totally agree here. China will stop all western sales veeery soon. !!!!!

If China does stop all Western Sales (which they may very well do as the US Government seem to be determined to incense them as much as possible) then there will be as you say no E-Cig Industry as no one in the West has been able to make an Atomiser. Every other part we can make.
It would also be in the US Governments favour if China stopped all Western sales as they would'nt have to bother trying to Ban the E-Cigs.
The Chinese would have effectively have done it for them.
I'm 63 years old and have never really believed Conspiracy theory's until now when i can see a Conspiracy happening in front of my eyes right here in Britain.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
If China does stop all Western Sales (which they may very well do as the US Government seem to be determined to incense them as much as possible) then there will be as you say no E-Cig Industry as no one in the West has been able to make an Atomiser. Every other part we can make.
It would also be in the US Governments favour if China stopped all Western sales as they would'nt have to bother trying to Ban the E-Cigs.
The Chinese would have effectively have done it for them.
I'm 63 years old and have never really believed Conspiracy theory's until now when i can see a Conspiracy happening in front of my eyes right here in Britain.

I see your point friend but we still can do what I suggest. Those things take time but as I see it no one wants to do anything. People have power when they are together but as I see it they dont want it.

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
A good idea maybe in western culture but not very reliant in international trade at this level. From my experience your best to focus on building a quality product and brand name because you will never stop the Chinese from copying. That's what they do.

And they WILL send you broke in legal fees if you try to litigate. Just when you have your case developed the entity you are taking action against will vaporize and be reborn 3 fold and you will have to start the process over again three times over.

Got the battle scars to prove it!!

Just my opinion but one birthed in long hard earned experience.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Imeo I think it might be in your best interested to contact all suppliers on this forum and any other you may frequent directly with your idea. Here in California the East Indians pretty much own all convient stores now. They were able to do this by pooling their money and resources together.

I dont think that they will respond friend. They can see this thread and they can respond but I dont think they will do

I am open to suggestions too but I dont see light at the end of tunnel:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
A good idea maybe in western culture but not very reliant in international trade at this level. From my experience your best to focus on building a quality product and brand name because you will never stop the Chinese from copying. That's what they do.

And they WILL send you broke in legal fees if you try to litigate. Just when you have your case developed the entity you are taking action against will vaporize and be reborn 3 fold and you will have to start the process over again three times over.

Got the battle scars to prove it!!

Just my opinion but one birthed in long hard earned experience.

This is my intentions Silver, to make only quality products. But if we have a better solution we can give it a try. I dont say that my solution is the best but we can talk about it:):)

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
I agree I found a great company that sells american made Eliquid. Hell he even makes it from scratch when ordered so its very fresh when you get it. So now we have companies that make great eliquids that are not china made. Now we need a company to make atties and make them even better so they last longer. charge 20 bucks for an attie that last 6 months to a year with out corroding or getting fried.

As far as the ecigs themselves you already got that ball rolling....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread