• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Would I be better off ordering from a Canadian Vendor or just bringing stuff across the border?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haadkoe

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2011
I dusted off my ecigs the other day and decided to get off of the analogs once again. ... then I started perusing sites for juice and hardware and was reminded that we seem to pay through the nose for everything up here.

Now, I've got family in the US... and my girlfriends little sister also happens to have a PO box just over the border where she has shoes and clothes and whatnot shipped to all of the time.

Now I haven't really spent much time on the American juice sites yet, but I'm wondering, assuming I can have stuff shipped to that PO box and driven across the border, how much cheaper will it really be to order from US (or international) vendors?

Any suggestions on which ones I should be looking into?

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
You don't really have to go through all that song and dance. Most US vendors ship to Canada :) It depends where you order from really, some US sites sell custom made to order juice for like $7/20ml and others sell $30/30ml. My personal fave vendor is Backwoods Brew, they went on vacation last week but will be back in a day or 2. I strongly recommend Strawberry, Hazelnut (mix these together for pure awesomeness), Malty Toffee, Casablanca, Honey Flue Nut, Melonbacko... Hell, I recommend all of them (though I don't like the monthol ones, not being a menthol fan myself). Other than BWB, I highly recommend Mom & Pop Vapor Shop -- their juice and their Sub tanks are totally awesome.

Edit: Forgot to add, shipping is usually (well, always) cheaper from the US to Canada than it is domestically, as well.

chaseman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Canada
www.reddcigs.com
IMO, the juice here is terrible, and I love to spend money in Canada if I can.

If you're looking for some Canadian liquid to try, PM me and I'll send you some for free; I've already wasted the money. The overblown hype you'll hear about Canadian vendors is just that. Most of it comes from blissful consumer ignorance, some of it from folks who don't realize there are many "mix up the lorann's or PA etc with PG and sell it at a ridiculous premium with a fancy name vendors" and never veer farther. Some actually like the stuff, or just hate spending good money on good juice, or can only use EMT, or many other reasons.

Despite what many may claim, most are brewing in their home kitchens, and you'd probably be best (and safest) to vape the Chinese liquid (also available here) instead.

There are reasons why many vets here still buy from the US, and it's not because they love clearing customs.

Do your own due diligence, or drink the Archie Wizard Maple Kool-Aid, or DIY. Your call. At least you're vaping :)

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I disagree on Canadian juice being terrible. There are plenty of Canadian liquids that I enjoy, specifically from Jugheads. I will say though that taste is extremely subjective as we all know and it's unfortunate you don't like any Canadian juice. Odd, but unfortunate nonetheless.

Of course the US has been at this much longer than we have, they have many more vendors, and little to no problems with importing large amounts of DIY ingredients for their businesses. More Canadian businesses are opening up each week and with enough time and effort, they will cease to have the issues that they currently have with our health authority.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
I dusted off my ecigs the other day and decided to get off of the analogs once again. ... then I started perusing sites for juice and hardware and was reminded that we seem to pay through the nose for everything up here.

Congrats for wanting to drop the analogs. :)

I disagree, in a friendly way, about paying through the nose up here. Are you speaking mainly about juice? Although, I will agree our shipping costs are high.

I haven't found an enormous difference in hardware and actually to my surprise 'some' items were comparable or more. I haven't examined the whole US market, but I've had a good look around.

Possibly, I have missed something, but I wasn't overly impressed with US prices for the hassle that comes with it. It would have to be a really great deal, for me to take my funds out of Canada.

Maybe you could give us an idea of what you are looking for and you could have more specific opinions on whether something is a decent buy or worth sending to the p.o box?

Good luck in your search :)

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
When many of us started vaping, there were no Canadian juice vendors at first, then a few who sold Dekang, then one or two who made their own (anyone remember paying 30 dollars for a 30 ml bottle of Du More Eh??).

Now, we have selection, choice and vendors working to produce good stuff.

The US still has some amazing juice vendors, but unless you are after a mod of some sort, ordering from the US for hardware seems somewhat pointless. Between Canvape, JRCustomsTurning and others, I am pretty sure all of our hardware needs are met now.

2 years ago, there wasn't even a Canadian vendor who sold Kr808 compatible cartomizers, now we are flush with vendors.

US Juice Vendors who are great to deal with:

AVEJuice
BackwoodsBrew
TastyVapor
VapeRite
LiquidXpress

Among others. Those vendors ship quality and fast.

Last edited:

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
well if you have great juice to give away for free, I'll be more than willing to take it off your hands

IMO, the juice here is terrible, and I love to spend money in Canada if I can.

If you're looking for some Canadian liquid to try, PM me and I'll send you some for free; I've already wasted the money. The overblown hype you'll hear about Canadian vendors is just that. Most of it comes from blissful consumer ignorance, some of it from folks who don't realize there are many "mix up the lorann's or PA etc with PG and sell it at a ridiculous premium with a fancy name vendors" and never veer farther. Some actually like the stuff, or just hate spending good money on good juice, or can only use EMT, or many other reasons.

Despite what many may claim, most are brewing in their home kitchens, and you'd probably be best (and safest) to vape the Chinese liquid (also available here) instead.

There are reasons why many vets here still buy from the US, and it's not because they love clearing customs.

Do your own due diligence, or drink the Archie Wizard Maple Kool-Aid, or DIY. Your call. At least you're vaping :)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise

Now, I've got family in the US... and my girlfriends little sister also happens to have a PO box just over the border where she has shoes and clothes and whatnot shipped to all of the time.

Now I haven't really spent much time on the American juice sites yet, but I'm wondering, assuming I can have stuff shipped to that PO box and driven across the border, how much cheaper will it really be to order from US (or international) vendors?

Any suggestions on which ones I should be looking into?

Psssssst Haadoke? maybe PM chellynelly, she has a most awesome gift card for smokeless image for sale at a killer price, and i am pretty sure (though i am not sure on this one) said gift card could cover the shipping. I have talked many times with Smokeless myself and the customer service has always been fast replies.

Haadkoe

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2011
Thanks a bunch for the insight everyone! I still have a couple hundred ml of juice leftover from before, all of which is still good, but I know I'll be ordering more sooner rather than later so your advice is very much appreciated.

Actually, I just happened to stop in a local convenience store about an hour ago and found that they carry a juice from Washington called "Spokane Super Juice", so I grabbed a bottle. After tax it was something like $13 for a 10ml bottle, so I doubt I'll be buying much more from there, but I had to give it a try. Not bad juice, but not great either. If I'm ever desperate though, that's the second brick & mortar place in my area I've found that carries at least something with nic to vape. (The guy tried pretty hard to convince me that Blu cigs were the best thing out there, but he had never seen nor heard of an eGo, and looked perplexed at my Ego batt with 510T tank and atty... lol, retailers.)

Of course the hardware bug has also bitten me. Been eyeballing the VVPV for the past few days and I'll probably end up ordering one, possibly with a HH357 atty... we'll see. I was on the preorder list for the EQ, and was totally bummed when they recalled them because I was really into the idea of a VV mod with a feed system. When the EQ went belly up, I got discouraged, and before you know it I was smoking again.

... then again, the inexpensiveness of the EgoC twist batteries have their allure too; mostly because I can buy them from Canadian resellers. However, even though I'm using an old 510T tank and atty at the moment, I prefer the flavor from dripping... and dripping and driving really don't mix. hehehe, decisions decisions decisions. :)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
:blink: your pulling my tail!! they have actual store's in BC that sell the juice in stores? This is a good thing and the start of something wonderful then...it will take some time for the trend to catch, but it will....would save on shipping anyway :laugh:

Sorry i have to rub my eyes and slip on my glasses. Did you say a couple HUNDRED ml's of juice? you are seriously my idol!! I am hard pressed to try and find out what should be a acceptable level of ml ordering (btw: 70~90ml is way to low) and hear is someone with hundred's.......excuse me as i stalk of and sulk and pout.......

Looks i get to be first and offer a "recommendation" for a VV :p

~First and foremost i would say go with a Saber Touch VV from sir Lawrence, that is of course you are not going to change the volts every time you put on a new cart/carto/attie. You get true regulated volt's from your 16340's inside a well constructed, sturdy and strong body. There is three down side's though....a) you need to stack your batteries. b) you need a 510 to ego adapter if your carts/carto's/atties are not 510 threaded c) you only get the body of the saber touch VV, batteries, charger etc are extra from elsewhere. and for some d) it is a proud product of the USA. There is no display on it, but you do get what you need to work with a voltage meter. I honestly love mine and it has to be good, as evertime i mention i have one to vapers they say they are so jealous i got one :2cool: a basic no real choice straight regulated saber would run about $109, the mini about the same price (i think) and the vari volt at $139, but then from there you can customize the end caps as you like

~Second i can think of is a Lambo. Now do not quote me on this but i have heard it is a knight rider version two, that has a solid brass body with chrome plating. This one takes one 18650 battery, and for about $90.00 you can get the kit, which has your batteries (you get two), a single cell charger, and two 510 atties. This can reach 6 volts while the saber can climb to 7.2 volts and i think on up to 10 or 12 volts with a add on called the kick but i am still looking into this information

Yes i have to offer my 0.02 cents from the commenting peanut gallery and get to be first to say those two recommendations :p

Haadkoe

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2011
Thanks again Constantine!

I agree that it's great to see some local stores carrying juice and e-cigs. In fact, my very first joye 510-t kit was bought here in town at a "head shop" called (ironically) the "Sun Food Market" which I happened to find online while looking for local e-cig suppliers. If I recall correctly, I paid around $90 for the starter kit, and $20-$30 for a 30ml bottle of high strength Marlboro juice. The juice was gross, and they didn't have much selection, but it was a good find nonetheless because it got me started on vaping. Also picked up a 1000mah Riva knockoff from that place which crapped out on me long ago.

Shortly thereafter, I started ordering from Vancity Vapor. Good guy, delivered to my door usually on the same day I ordered, couldn't really complain. Got my EgoT kit from him, my 1000mah ego passthrough, and every week or two I'd place juice and atty orders. I'd usually get a variety pack or two of juice which consisted of five 10ml bottles for $45. 90 cents per ml still felt pricey though, and his hardware selection really isn't the greatest, so I always felt like I was kinda missing out. I'd give him my business again though, like I said, good guy, good customer service.

Also amassed a bunch of 30ml bottles from Juicyclear, none of which my GF seemed to like very much. I don't mind em, but the juice collection certainly did begin to pile up a bit. :)

Got a couple of friends into vaping in the process, and it was one of them who mentioned the other local place to me with the "Spokane Super Sauce". Little bodega called the "Bentley Market". Again, not much variety... Marlboro, Camel, Peach, Strawberry, and Grape. As far as hardware went, it looked like Blu and Smokestick were about all that he had.

Also, Vaporgeek is here in my town! That was a disappointment to me though. Found them online, wanted to give them a try. Shot them an email and asked if I could do a local pickup, and they denied me. Not to sound cheap and impatient or anything, but having to pay $10 to have something shipped within my city, and still having to wait a day or two to get it was kind of a letdown... especially when my last atty is quickly dying on me. I still might give them a shot one of these days, but their juice selection and inventory seems to be inconsistent to be honest. Out of stock on this flavor, limited strength of others, some are straight PG only, others straight VG only. Maybe I'm just being too picky, lol. They do have a better selection of hardware accessories than Vancity Vapor though, so I'll give them that much.

So as far as juice goes, I'm not really sure where my next order will be placed. Might try Backwoods, or I might just try to find the cheapest source for huge bottles of Dekang. Truthfully, I've been wondering if there is anyone out there who just vapes unflavored juice, and how that works out in the long term. It would probably prevent me from getting bored with flavors, or from getting that gross taste in my mouth once my taste buds get burned out and everything just starts tasting tangy, yet flavorless. Still weighing my options at this point. I mean, it wasn't like cigarettes tasted good to me or anything, but that didn't stop me from burning though 40+ of the things per day... maybe flavor isn't as important as I think... or maybe I really do need a VV device to achieve vaping bliss.

Speaking of VV mods, the two you mentioned both look like good units. I do kind of want a mod with a feeding system though. Between driving and working in construction, sometimes one hand is all I can muster. Stopping to drip every few minutes just becomes impractical after a while. Granted, there are tank systems, but my experience with the 510T and eGo-T left me wanting. Muted flavors, periodic dry hits, and leaking all over the place seemingly at random can be tolerable, but once you get used to the flavor from dripping it's hard to go back. Then there are carto's, clearo's, map tanks, and the like (none of which I've ever tried) but it seems as if they suffer a lot of the same issues, and then some. Of course we've got bottom feeders, but there aren't too many that are VV, and although I've never tried one I hear that they're just not as good as a good top feeder. (Squonking learning curve, flooded atty's, taste potentially not quite as good, etc)

It's just lots and lots to consider, and with so many vendors out there it can be tough to make it all come together. Mod from one place, atty's and driptips from another, juices from yet another... jeez, daunting, lol.

Wonder how much a 55 gallon drum of Dekang would cost to ship from china? hahaha

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
In life,like in everything,there are players and then there are playas...

P1040094.jpg P1040095.jpg P1040096.jpg P1040097.jpg

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
@martinc do you ever have an undecided moment of what should I vape today..:unsure:

@Haadkoe, sound like you could be looking for a genesis atty, like the Line (if you could only find one..) or the G-bell
these atties really deliver the flavour, vapor and throat hit. Of course there are others out there and they are all really worth looking into..

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread