would this work for a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWFringe

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
South Orange County, CA
too funny, guess what i was just gonna ask?

sku_4505_4.jpg

EDIT: I would by-pass the output circuit and tap directly off the battery.

yours might do VV, I just wanted something that'll plug in after seeing the chargers used in the Philippines

Um.... I think yours would be heavy, hehe

Last edited:

Dustydragon

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
North Canton, Ohio, United States
This powerful little battery pack is very flexible, it can act as a 5 volt battery or a 19 volt battery with 6 steps in between. Outputs at 5V, 6V, 7.5V, 9V, 12V, 14V, 16V and 19V. It can also be charged with voltages as low as 5 volts and as high as 24VDC.

This battery pack consists of a 44 watt hour lithium ion battery assembly and three DC/DC converters. The first DC converter allows the pack to be charged with a wide range of voltage inputs. The second allows the pack to deliver a user settable voltage to run equipment requiring 5volts to 19+volts. The third DC converter supplies a steady 5 volts to a USB port for charging cell phones, Ipods, and other USB charged equipment. All this is built into the sleek black battery case.

For example, when used with your cell-phone car charger attached the PST-MP3500 can run a typical cell phone for 15 times longer than the battery in the phone, or charge the phone 10-15 times. You can double the battery time for a laptop computer, or use a digital camera up to 20 times as long as when using disposable AA alkalines.

Dustydragon

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Special Features :

44 Watt-Hour battery pack with flexible output voltage (upgradeable to 88 watts).
Automatic overcharge protection
Gas gauge feature tells how much power is remaining
Highly regulated voltage source, doesn't sag like batteries do.
Auxiliary 5 volt USB output for charging cell phones.
Locking feature prevents the voltage from changing by mistake.
The PST-MP3500 portable rechargeable battery is designed to charge while running your equipment, just plug the charger into the PST-MP3500 and the battery pack into the laptop computer.
The charger section of the battery pack has a DC/DC converter with a wide input range. This means that the pack can be charged from a wide variety of sources. The input voltage for charging can be as low as 5 volts and as high as 24 volts. This makes the PST-MP3500 perfect for energy harvesting type charging from (for example) unregulated solar panels as long as the input voltage doesn't go above 24 volts.
Use it for a laptop today, a digital camera tomorrow, or a portable battery for a DVD while simultaneously charging your cell phone--it is very flexible.
For safety reasons this unit will reset the voltage to 5 volts when the barrel connector is changed, the cord is removed, or the unit shuts itself off when the battery is fully discharged. Just press the button until the desired voltage appears. If you want a unit without that feature, take a look at our industrial universal battery pack version.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
OK, your link wasn't working, and yes it is powerful enough. Ignoring the price, the size is pretty big. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a 6 cell pack with 18650's, not unlike a laptop battery, but with fancier outputs and settings.

If that's the 172 buck clunker of a device....that's pretty hard to ignore. ROFLMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread