Status
Not open for further replies.

stressmama

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Oklahoma
It took Ozium to get rid of the smell in my car. I had to spray three times, but it worked.

Thanks for this tip! I tried Febreeze and it helped, but didn't take all the smell out. I'll get some Ozium tomorrow.

On getting the smell out of books, I have a friend who put 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda and the book(s) in a Tupperware container and left it for 3-4 days. It worked for her, so I'm going to try it.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Just don't get the Ozium with the "New car smell", it's gross! Get the original Ozium.

Thanks for this tip! I tried Febreeze and it helped, but didn't take all the smell out. I'll get some Ozium tomorrow.

On getting the smell out of books, I have a friend who put 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda and the book(s) in a Tupperware container and left it for 3-4 days. It worked for her, so I'm going to try it.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    This is what keeps me from ever wanting to go back to smokes. It's the dang smell. EWWW.

I picked up one of my books the other day, and was leafing thru it, and it reeked! Poor book - (I'm
    a huge reader, and my books are treasures to me).

Anyone know how to rid books of the stale smell? Makes me want to cry. Seriously.

:blink:

How about putting fabric softener sheets inside the pages?

I just had this happen to me today. I was in a long line, and I could tell exactly who in the line was a smoker and even tell about how long ago they had their last cigarette just by the smell. My wife and friends don't smoke, her inlaws don't smoke, so I'm not around smokers enough anymore to have slowly realized I could smell it. It just happened. I was absolutely floored and immediately felt so ashamed that I had smelled like that for so long. :O

tidegirl

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 21, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    I just had this happen to me today. I was in a long line, and I could tell exactly who in the line was a smoker and even tell about how long ago they had their last cigarette just by the smell. My wife and friends don't smoke, her inlaws don't smoke, so I'm not around smokers enough anymore to have slowly realized I could smell it. It just happened. I was absolutely floored and immediately felt so ashamed that I had smelled like that for so long. :O
    It makes you wonder how our non smoking spouses put up with us, doesn't it? :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread