WOW USB Passthrough = Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeAllDay

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Just got a USB Passthrough from Bestecig and it has taken my DSE901 from a dud to a stud (I can't believe I just said that). No but seriously, with the passthrough I am no longer experiencing the terrible battery drop off found with the 901s and getingt HUGE hits and even a little throat hit, much larger then I have ever gotten even with a brand new fresh battery.

I know this has been talked about 1 million times, but I thought I would say it again for the noobs out there that are on the fence about these passthroughs.

The only negative is, you like a crack head when people see you smoking something connected to your computer! I recommend doing it behind a locked closed door!

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
Just got a USB Passthrough from Bestecig and it has taken my DSE901 from a dud to a stud (I can't believe I just said that). No but seriously, with the passthrough I am no longer experiencing the terrible battery drop off found with the 901s and getingt HUGE hits and even a little throat hit, much larger then I have ever gotten even with a brand new fresh battery.

I know this has been talked about 1 million times, but I thought I would say it again for the noobs out there that are on the fence about these passthroughs.

The only negative is, you like a crack head when people see you smoking something connected to your computer! I recommend doing it behind a locked closed door!

Tell me about it... I use mine at work and clients always give me this strange look when I'm using it.

I hope you bought backups cuz they tend to break.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
I Have The "Bestecig's" 103, 901, 801 USB Pass Throughs for months, they are solid builds, I tug them all day and with a battery pack I wrap it & unwrap frequently to go! Very Good Units.

The Connections are Solid! Unlike some Other Ones I Purchased in the US.

I Just picked a their USB Pass Through Cigar, have not even opened that yet.

But I can Clearly State That the "Bestecig's" Are of Very Good Quality & I believe a 7 month warranty (and they honor their warranties no questions asked)

TIP: Always Clean Off the Connections with a tissues / Qtip. When your done using it hang it up by the wire with the atomizer off, so the threads point down to allow any juice accumulation to go out & dry away from the other end where the switch is.
Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Very nice, Cellmeister! Good tips show Great results! :)
Unforuntaley my pass through just died :( Like 3 days after my 2 week warranty! Dammit ;) When it did work, it was like a perfect drag everytime. alot like my Dura I got yesterday. Hope it lasts

Vapeallday, I had the apc powerpack in my pocket with the passthrough wire running up on the insode of my shirt. I used a clip that you would find on a cellphone headset, to attach the 901 to my collar, no one really knew. Nice and discreet ;)

Randall Fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Sparks, NV, USA
www.myPVshop.com
I got my USB passthru from bestecig yesterday, and the quality appears to be good.

I saw pictures on another thread here of passthrus that failed early, and it looked like the wire used was much thinner and stiffer than the wire on mine.

I've had plenty of devices fail because of thin/stiff wires internally breaking at junction points, but I don't think I'll have that problem with this passthru. The wire insulator is made of thick, strong, and flexible plastic. Definitely higher quality than the other ones I've seen.

New Year quitter

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Which my very first one is doing as I write this.:(

Haven't even had it a month. It was great at first. Now, it blinks. It stays on. It doesn't go on. It goes on when the atomizer touches it...

I've said this till I'm blue in the face, I don't know if anyone's taking notice, but I'll try again - wrap sellotape around the wire, all the way from the USB end to the battery end, and overlap both connections (meaning wrap the sellotape around the top end of the battery) make sure it is wrapped nice and thick. The sellotape will protect the wire and both ends and will also prevent the wire from getting tangled.
I have done this with other gadgets like joypads and a MOMO driving wheel and it makes them virtually immortal.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Montgomery county Maryland
I've said this till I'm blue in the face, I don't know if anyone's taking notice, but I'll try again - wrap sellotape around the wire, all the way from the USB end to the battery end, and overlap both connections (meaning wrap the sellotape around the top end of the battery) make sure it is wrapped nice and thick. The sellotape will protect the wire and both ends and will also prevent the wire from getting tangled.
I have done this with other gadgets like joypads and a MOMO driving wheel and it makes them virtually immortal.

Its not the wire thats bad on mine. It is the switch inside. I have to draw really hard now to activate it to the point where it is not any good now.

New Year quitter

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Its not the wire thats bad on mine. It is the switch inside. I have to draw really hard now to activate it to the point where it is not any good now.

Does it have a manual switch, the type that switches between USB and battery, or is there nothing on the outside that can be switched?
Mine has no switch on it.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon

Ditto!! The USB passthrough battery is awesome... and the only thing better, is adding a battery pack to use the USB battery for vaping while on the go! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread