WOW what a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumtrip

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Richmond, VA
After waiting by my mailbox I received my Provari this afternoon. I promptly built my first coils as well, one for a a new Phoenix clone and the other for a Vivi Nova head. They came out excellent though a bit on the low resistance side (1.2 ohm and 2.0 ohm respectively) I used cotton yarn in the Phoenix and bamboo in the nova. I was off and running after that! Excellent vape and throat hit, flavor is increasing as the coils break in. Best of all, I can check my resistance and dial in my voltage to hit a great sweet spot with each of the new coils!

I love the size of this too, I couldn't believe it was smaller than my Silver Bullet. Now I just need to find a good case for it, any recommendations?

20121026_180448.jpg

Startle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
NY, NY
Welcome to the Provari!

Very impressive that you are already making your own coils. I would recommend an extra wrap or two on the coils to increase the resistance. I typically find that a tight 6/5 works well on the vivi and gives me an avg of around 2.8 ohms using 32 kanthal. I wrap the coil around a blunt tip syringe needle and then thread the wick after priming the coil.

I love that white with blue led provari! I think I need to place an order...

Vape On!

drumtrip

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Richmond, VA
Thanks! I have been vaping a little over 2 years and I got sick of paying $9 per atomizer. Rebuildable seemed like the next natural step however I needed a good VV with a built in multimeter so I did it all at once!

Im using the 32 wag kanthal but you just confirmed my suspicion that I might be able to go a little tighter without choking the wick. I will have to give the syringe method a try, I am guessing it helps make your coils more uniform as well.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I love the size of this too, I couldn't believe it was smaller than my Silver Bullet. Now I just need to find a good case for it, any recommendations?
I know what you mean. My main mod before the Provari was a Silver Bullet also. It's now waiting patiently in the dark recesses of my vape bag, hoping for the off chance that something will happen to the Provari. I was sort of shocked how small the Provari is compared to the SB.

For recommendations, I can show you what I use. I see you got a white Provari. You may want to make a cheap DIY rubber sleeve for it like I did my blue Provari. Otherwise, Serenity Gear make excellent leather sleeves and lanyards for all makes of mods.

I carry my mods in an Ego style case. The one I have is from Smokeless Image, for their Ego-sized X2 batteries. I prefer it over the other cases on the market because the web pockets on both sides open the same way.

RubberSleeve-1.jpg RubberSleeve-2.jpg Organizer.jpg

Grats on your new setup!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread