• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

WOW you can find the fellowship ANYWHERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
Hi I'm Jim and I'm an addict. I've been posting on e-cigarette-forum on occasion on and off for the past year, and recently started posting again.... all of a sudden I was skimming through the forums sub-categories and my eye caught Bill W and I was like, "WHOA!". Fellowship truly IS everywhere!

I'm glad someone made this group! :D

One interesting story to mention:
I went through a rehab program a little while ago, and I decided to show my medical director my e-cigarette. He was intrigued by the device, having never heard of or seen one before! He agrees at how beneficial the e-cig can be, especially because of how many people at meetings are smokers. (If only they had e-coffee!!!) The only concern my doctor had to say, was that the e-cig could possibly be a trigger for me, which I disagreed with. I had been smoking analogs for longer than I did drugs, and the e-cig never reminds me of using. But Doc just wanted to remind me that because there is a 'ritual'-type behavior of dripping with the e-cig(not to mention that it's appearance is similar to a one-hitter for smoking weed), it could potentially be a trigger for me or others. He wanted me to show my e-cig to my sponsor, just to get his opinion on it.

I happily agreed to show my sponsor(surprisingly a non-smoker) my e-cig, and to my suprise, he was already familiar with e-cigarettes! His sister-in-law uses an e-cig and he knew all about them, but still felt the need to remind me that it COULD be a trigger... :rolleyes:

All being said, I am glad to be in the program, and still be an e-cigarette user! I even got 3 people at my treatment center interested in e-cigs, and 2/3 purchased their own!!!

Thanks for reading my ramble! Keep coming back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread