Writing a paper on the benefits of vaping, looking for a few more ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
United States
I've been vaping for the last 2 months, and quit smoking completely. I'm doing a research paper for my Comp class, and figured that there wasn't a better place to get ideas for this paper than this group of people :D so, here's what I've got as far as ideas at the moment.

Health benefits (including those that affect the individual as well as the reduction/elimination of second hand smoke)
Cost benefits (provided you don't go crazy like me and order a Provari/Magneto/nautilus tanks and drop $400 on it)

Obviously I'm going to have the various health benefits, as well as the ingredients in both e-cigs and analogs and what they do to the body, but I'm especially looking for a few studies (which I'm sure are few and far between at this point) on the effects of things like inhaled PG/VG on humans.

Thanks for the help everybody, and if this turns out well I might get in contact with the folks as CASAA and see if they'd be interested in possibly hosting a copy on their site.

dwarfcat

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Grand Rapids MI
Its helped my relationship with my girlfriend. She hated smoking and while she wouldnt try to make me stop she wouldnt want to be too close after I smoked and I would always be going outside to smoke etc. Now, she has taken the time to learn about vaping with me and even takes a toke here and there to see what all the fuss is about. She bought me my provari for xmas and for valentines day got me a taifun tank. I vape in the apartment and she will stay all cuddly whilst I vape.

Sadly, ive read others encounter negative results when vaping but for me things have only gotten better.

Kezrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
United States
Its helped my relationship with my girlfriend. She hated smoking and while she wouldnt try to make me stop she wouldnt want to be too close after I smoked and I would always be going outside to smoke etc. Now, she has taken the time to learn about vaping with me and even takes a toke here and there to see what all the fuss is about. She bought me my provari for xmas and for valentines day got me a taifun tank. I vape in the apartment and she will stay all cuddly whilst I vape.

Sadly, ive read others encounter negative results when vaping but for me things have only gotten better.

That's actually a really helpful point, thanks! Now, I just need to find some way to include this in the paper...maybe I could make a poll and ask the forum about it.

Kezrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
United States
It would be good for you to explain how our bodies go through the same things as quitting with thebpatch etc. coughing up yuck, breathing better, better blood pressure and people have reported lower cholesterol. Our health benefits are close to quitting cold turkey.

Benefits of quitting and noting that switching to vaping has essentially similar effects to quitting the stinkies, good points. I'll have to throw a few more polls together on the progression of you guys' health.

Kezrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
United States
If you can fit it in with all the facts, you might mention that it is a lot of fun and that the many juice flavors to choose from keep it interesting and tasty.

I'd thought about including it, though that could definitely be something that may convince the audience that they're targetting children or some other asinine assumption. It'll probably get a mention, though. Also, I've come up with a short (5 question) survey. Would you all mind answering it quickly for me?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BQGC92M

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
All good points Alvins :D

I'd like to ask anyone viewing this thread to follow this link and answer this short little poll. I should be good to use this information as long as I can construct it as a poll.

Straw Poll

I answered it :) Good luck with your paper, there are plenty of positive things you can learn just from reading the fora here :)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Look at my signature for cost benefits. Even with 500 bucks spent on vaping gear thats one hell of a savings.

As a 2 pack a day smoker, I would be gasping for air after trying to hold my breath for 45 seconds. Now? 1 minute 20 second easy.

You wont hear many people talking about this here but general cardiovascular health improves in ALL areas, even ones that effect the bedroom :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Look at my signature for cost benefits. Even with 500 bucks spent on vaping gear thats one hell of a savings.

As a 2 pack a day smoker, I would be gasping for air after trying to hold my breath for 45 seconds. Now? 1 minute 20 second easy.

You wont hear many people talking about this here but general cardiovascular health improves in ALL areas, even ones that effect the bedroom :)

very true about the bedroom part... now I can make the bed ( sheets,blankets) and now stuff the pillows into the pillow cases without having to take a break to catch my breath... before, I had to take a breather before doing the pillows.. :)

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Interesting and unique devices: not one PV looks the same as another unlike cigarettes which all look the same

nat_sherman_fantasia_thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread